Community Safety Advisory Board
The Community Safety Advisory Board (CSAB) was formed to strengthen relationships with the campus community and public safety efforts on campus as well as to foster greater transparency and trust. The CSAB will make proposals to leadership on ways to improve the safety and well-being of all students, faculty, staff and visitors at Northwestern, especially among our Black and indigenous people of color and marginalized community members.
- Serve as an advisor to university leadership and speak on behalf of the university community regarding community safety and well-being
- Provide guidance on the implementation of recommendations stemming from the external review of the Department of Safety & Security (DSS)
- Advocate and propose policies, standards, and procedures rooted in scholarship and best practices to university leadership which will improve safety on campus, including approaches to community safety focused on wellness and well-being for students, faculty, and staff
- Analyze the campus climate regarding public safety, the effectiveness of campus security efforts, and the impact of these efforts on the community
- Host public events and regularly engage Northwestern students, faculty, and staff to seek broad input on how to improve community safety
- Publish an annual report on the work conducted by CSAB which will include an evaluation of the effectiveness and impact of campus safety efforts and offer proposals to university leadership