Our office is passionate about keeping our family members informed about what is happening on campus. We have a variety of methods to ensure you receive useful information to help both you and your student. These are included below and delivered to Northwestern families via the parent and family e-mail list.
Parent & Family Email List
What is the parent and family email list, you ask? It is how Northwestern communicates with the parent and family members of Northwestern’s undergraduate students. Subscribe to the list to receive emails updating you about the campus community and various events that are pertinent to you – and your students. The Wildcat Family Recap e-mail will be delivered twice a month via the listserv and other messages will be sent as needed. The area of Family Engagement does not mail invitations so this is where subscribers will receive emails about Parent and Family Orientation and Family Weekend. Use the link below to subscribe.
Sign Up Now
- Subscribe to the parent and family email list here!
- Want to unsubscribe or change your email address?
- Click the "unsubscribe" button at the bottom of any listserv email. Then, you can re-subscribe using a different email address if you wish. Feel free to contact New Student and Family Programs with any questions about the email list.
Northwestern Parent and Family Guide
Our Parent and Family Guide provides important resources available to support our Northwestern family members. The 2020-2021 Parent and Family Guide is available below.
- Access the printable PDF of the 2020-21 Northwestern Parent and Family Guide (PDF)
Northwestern Parents & Families Facebook Page
Stay up to date with the latest events and resources on campus by following us on Facebook using the link below!
Wildcat Winter Prep Webinar Series
As first- and second-year students prepare to come to campus this Winter, we know there may be many questions. The Division of Student Affairs and Family Engagement hosted a three-part Wildcat Winter Prep Webinar Series designed to provide important information.
Recordings of the webinars and PDF’s of the presentations with clickable links are available below:
For Families of New Students
Parent and Family Orientation Webinar Series
The area of Family Engagement hosted weekly webinars this summer to help Wildcat families with their transition to Northwestern. Recordings of the webinars and PDF’s of the presentations with clickable links are available below:
- Thursday, July 30 at 6:30 - 7:30 PM CDT - Family Engagement Welcome
- Thursday, August 6 at 6:30 - 7:30 PM CDT - Health & Wellness at NU
- Thursday, August 13 at 6:30 - 7:30 PM CDT - Residential Services & Dining
- Sunday, August 16 at 3:00 - 4:00 PM CDT - Black Student Experience
- Thursday, August 20 at 6:30 - 7:30 PM CDT - Parent to Parent (Hear from current family members)
- Sunday, August 23 at 3:00 - 4:00 PM CDT - Chat with a 'Cat (Hear from current students)
- Thursday, August 27 at 6:30 - 7:30 PM CDT - Student Engagement
- Sunday, September 6 at 3:00 - 4:00 PM CDT - Wildcat Welcome