Our office is passionate about keeping our family members informed about what is happening on campus. We have a variety of methods to ensure you receive useful information. Below you will find publications for family members in the Northwestern community including the Parent and Family Guide and Wildcat Family Focus. These publications, as well as other important messages, are delivered to Northwestern families via the parent and family e-mail list.
Parent & Family Email List
What is the parent and family email list, you ask? It is how Northwestern communicates with our parent and family partners. Subscribe to the list to receive emails updating you on the campus community and various events that are pertinent to you – and your students. The parent and family email digest will be delivered twice per quarter via the listserv. Subscribers also receive emails about Parent and Family Orientation, Family Weekend, and other information and events at Northwestern. Use the link below to subscribe.
Want to unsubscribe or change your email address? Click the "unsubscribe" button at the bottom of any listserv email. Then, you can re-subscribe using a different email address if you wish. Feel free to contact New Student and Family Programs with any questions about the email list.
Sign Up Now
Wildcat Family Focus Email Digest
The Wildcat Family Focus is an email digest that will be sent twice per quarter to the parents and families of all Northwestern undergraduate students. The digest will include current happenings on campus and other important information to keep families up-to date regarding the Northwestern community.
Northwestern Parent and Family Guide
Our Parent and Family Guide provides important resources available to support our Northwestern family members. The 2019 Parent and Family Guide is available below, and the 2020 version will be available in July.
- Access the printable PDF of the 2019 Parent and Family Guide (PDF)
Northwestern Parents & Families Facebook Page
Stay up to date with the latest events and resources on campus by following us on Facebook using the link below!
For Families of New Students
Parent and Family Orientation Webinar Series
The area of Family Engagement will be hosting weekly webinars to help Wildcat families start their transition to Northwestern. If you are unable to join us, no worries, a PDF version of the webinar's PowerPoint slides will be posted shortly after each live session as well as a recording. *Disclaimer: We are unable to edit captions and apologize for errors. We hope you still find the information useful.
The dates for the webinars are listed below:
- Thursday, July 30 at 6:30 - 7:30 PM CDT - Family Engagement Welcome
- Thursday, August 6 at 6:30 - 7:30 PM CDT - Health & Wellness at NU
- Thursday, August 13 at 6:30 - 7:30 PM CDT - Residential Services & Dining
- Sunday, August 16 at 3:00 - 4:00 PM CDT - Black Student Experience
- Thursday, August 20 at 6:30 - 7:30 PM CDT - Parent to Parent (Hear from current family members)
- Sunday, August 23 at 3:00 - 4:00 PM CDT - Chat with a 'Cat (Hear from current students)
- Thursday, August 27 at 6:30 - 7:30 PM CDT - Student Engagement
- Sunday, September 6 at 3:00 - 4:00 PM CDT - Wildcat Welcome