Meet Our Team
Sarah J. Fodor
Senior Executive Director, Foundation Relations and Corporate Engagement
Sarah joined Northwestern's Office of Foundation Relations (OFR) in 1998, after a career in secondary school and college teaching. She holds a PhD in English language and literature and MST in English from the University of Chicago and BAs in English education and French literature from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
- Top University prospects and proposals
- Feinberg School of Medicine (led by Michelle Melin-Rogovin, below)
- Institute for Policy Research
- School of Professional Studies
- The Graduate School
Catherine joined Northwestern’s Office of Foundation Relations in 2022. Prior to this role, she was the Director of Operations/Assistant Chair for WCAS’ Physics & Astronomy and a Business Administrator in McCormick School of Engineering (Applied Math). Catherine earned her Master’s in Applied Economics from UW-Madison and subsequently was a senior labor economist for the State of Wisconsin before becoming a VP/Industry Analyst in corporate & institutional banking at what is now JPMorgan Chase and a freelance grantwriter.
- Institute for Sustainability & Energy (ISEN)
- Kellogg School of Management
- McCormick School of Engineering and Applied Science
- Pritzker School of Law
- School of Education and Social Policy
- Weinberg College of Arts and Sciences–Departments of Economics, Math, Psychology, and Statistics
Heidi joined Northwestern’s Office of Foundation Relations in 2017. She earned her PhD in neuroscience from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign followed by a postdoctoral fellowship in the Department of Pediatrics at the University of Chicago. Before joining Northwestern, she held the position of associate director of medical and scientific relations at the Alzheimer’s Association.
- Limited Submissions
- Weinberg College of Arts and Sciences–Life and Physical Sciences
Chloe joined Northwestern’s Office of Foundation Relations in 2018. She holds a PhD in American studies from Yale University, where she also completed a Mellon postdoctoral fellowship in the Integrated Humanities. Her book From Steel to Slots: Casino Capitalism in the Postindustrial City was published by Harvard University Press in 2016. Chloe earned BAs in American studies and sociology from Williams College.
- Bienen School of Music
- Block Museum of Art
- Medill School of Journalism, Media, Integrated Marketing Communications
- School of Communication
- University Libraries
- Weinberg College of Arts and Sciences–Humanities and Social Sciences (except for Economics and Psychology)
Maureen joined Northwestern's Office of Foundation Relations in 2017. Most recently, she was a consulting associate with the philanthropic consulting firm Grenzebach Glier and Associates, and previously served as a fundraiser for several national nonprofit organizations. Maureen earned her master's degree in public policy and administration from Northwestern University and bachelor of arts degrees in political science and public administration from James Madison University.
- Student life and scholarships
Susan joined the Office of Foundation Relations in 2021. Most recently she was a program assistant with SESP’s Center for Talent Development. She earned her BA in Geography from the University of Chicago.Feinberg School of Medicine Foundation Relations