Economic and Community Development
- Elevating Evanston Youth -
- Evanston MashUp - A beachfront mixer to raise funds to support local businesses and honor leaders of the community.
- Good Neighbor Fund - Northwestern’s gift of $1 million to the City of Evanston every year for five years, starting in 2015.
- Nonprofit Inspires Table Talk -
- Northwestern/Evanston Skilled Trades Training Program - One-year skilled trades apprenticeship program for young adults in the area.
- Small Loans for Small Businesses -
- Strengthening Local Businesses -
- The Garage - Interdisciplinary space that fosters bold business ideas.
Education and Youth Development
- Black Men Lead the Conversation -
- Dance Marathon - A student run philanthropic event that has raised upwards of $1 million to positively impact the Evanston community.
- EvanSTEM - Improves access and engagement for students who have traditionally underrepresented in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) programs.
- Evanston Cradle to Career - A program mobilizing the assets of our community to make a lasting difference in the lives of our community's children.
- Evanston Township High School - Evanston Township High School District 202 and Northwestern created a partnership office within ETHS to facilitate connections between the University and high school.
- Mayor’s Summer Youth Employment Program - Provides summer jobs and professional mentoring for area youth.
- MetaMedia - A learning and exploration space created in partnership with the McGaw YMCA.
- Northwestern Academy Supports Evanston Students -
Health and Public Safety
- Age Friendly Evanston - Partnering with the City of Evanston to improve the eight indicators of an age friendly city.
- Campus Kitchen - During the school year, Campus Kitchen student volunteers prepare an average of 2,000 meals per month for area residents in need.
- Center for Audiology, Speech, Language, and Learning - A non-profit center offering evidence-based evaluation and treatment for area children and adults.
- Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) - A program training participants in basic disaster response skills to provide supplemental public safety support at large events on campus and in the community.
- EPD Problem Solving Team - A community-policing team working proactively to manage relationships within the various neighborhoods in the City of Evanston which intersect with the University.
- Levy Senior Center: AN All-Stop Shop -
- Neighborhood Watch -
- Public Safety Partnership - Collaboration between Evanston Police Department, Evanston Fire Department and the Northwestern University Police Department to manage public safety.