Relocation of Grove/YMCA Stop on Ryan Field Route
Due to a request from the YMCA, the Grove/YMCA shuttle stop on the Ryan Field route has been permanently relocated a half block east to 960 Grove St. Please note:
- The Grove/YMCA stop will no longer be used to pick up or drop off passengers.
- FM installed a new sign at 960 Grove. The Grove/YMCA sign will remain in place for now; it has been modified to direct riders to 960 Grove.
- This change is effective immediately. It does not affect any other shuttle stops, and the Ryan Field schedule remains the same.
- The Ryan Field online brochure, northwestern.doublemap.com, and maps.northwestern.edu have all been updated to reflect the new stop.
New Shuttle Routes, Stops, and Schedules for 2014-2015
Northwestern University shuttles have resumed their academic year schedules. Nearly all of our shuttle routes have been altered in response to feedback from the University community, local residents, and the City of Evanston. Please see details below to learn more.
- The new route and schedule is effective Monday, September 8.
- Several of the Evanston to Chicago stops have moved due to route changes. Most notably, the shuttle will now travel counter-clockwise along the Noyes St., Ridge Ave., Emerson St., and Sherman Ave. loop and stops will appear on the opposite side of these streets. Please review the Intercampus Shuttle Brochure to familiarize yourself with the new route, stops and schedule.
- Service resumed on Monday, September 15.
- Most stops remain the same except for the Green Bay/Emerson, Ridge/Davis, and Lake/St. Mary’s stops. These stops have been relocated to nearby intersections at Asbury/Emerson, Oak/Post Office, and Grove St./YMCA, respectively. Please review the Ryan Field Shuttle Brochure to familiarize yourself with the new route, stops and schedule.
- Service resumed on Monday, September 15.
- All Campus Loop stops remain the same except the Chicago/Davis stop, which has been relocated to Chicago/Grove, and Henry Crown Sports Pavilion stop, which moved across the street to the Searle Building turnaround. Several of the Evanston Loop stops have changed and share the intercampus stops mentioned above along the Noyes St., Ridge Ave., Emerson St., and Sherman Ave loop. Please review the Student Shuttle Brochure to familiarize yourself with the new route, stops and schedule.
- Service resumed on Saturday, September 27.
- All Chicago Express stops remain the same except the Henry Crown Sports Pavilion stop, which moved across the street to the Searle Building turnaround. See the Student Shuttle Brochure for schedule details.
- Service has resumed – Go ‘Cats!
- This shuttle provides free round-trip service from campus to the student tailgating section of Ryan Field for select football and basketball games. Visit the Student Game Day Shuttle page for details.
- Regular service resumed on Sunday, September 21.
- In response to student feedback, the Shop-N-Ride Shuttle will now start at 10:00 am and travel to Old Orchard instead of Lincolnwood Town Center. Old Orchard offers over 130 stores, including Macy’s, Apple, Nordstrom, Forever 21, L.L. Bean, and J. Crew! Please review the Student Shuttle Brochure to familiarize yourself with the new route, stops, and schedule.
New Names for Chicago Campus Parking Lots
In preparation for the opening of the new NMH Patient Pavilion, and as the result of recommendations for patient/visitor wayfinding to the Northwestern Chicago Campus, we have renamed the letter designations for some University garages. The new Patient Pavilion will be referenced as Parking B. The following University garages will be now referenced as:
- Abbott Lot (Formerly A Lot)
710 N. Lake Shore Drive
- Huron Superior (Formerly C Lot)
222 E. Huron Street
- Erie Ontario (Formerly D Lot)
Parking C (west) & D (east)
321 E. Erie Street
- 275 East Chestnut (Formerly E Lot)
275 E. Chestnut Street
Traveling with Children on NU Shuttles
The NU shuttle system is intended to transport faculty, staff, and students, and our highest priority is to ensure passenger safety on every trip. Due to space constraints and safety concerns, we discourage use of the shuttles to transport children, but we understand it may be necessary on occasion. We encourage parents to be considerate of other riders and adhere to these rules when traveling with children:
- Children must be accompanied by an adult with a valid ID/shuttle pass. The adult must remain with the child for the duration of the trip.
- Children must remain seated for the duration of the trip.
- All strollers must be folded before boarding the bus and strollers must be kept clear of aisles, doorways, and emergency exits. Strollers may not be placed on the bus dashboard.
- Large strollers are prohibited during commuting hours due to crowding. Before 9:30 am and between 4:00-6:30 pm, only compactly folded strollers (e.g., umbrella strollers) are allowed.
- Priority seating areas are intended for seniors and customers with disabilities. If these seats are not in use, the area may be used for riders traveling with strollers. Please yield this space if a senior or a customer with disabilities wishes to board.