Thanksgiving Holiday Shuttle Service
With the Thanksgiving holiday approaching, we want to remind you of some changes to shuttle service beginning this week:
- Intercampus will not be in service Thursday, November 26 or Friday, November 27. Regular service will resume on Monday, November 30.
- Evanston Loop will operate with limited service for students who remain on campus during Thanksgiving break. Shuttles will follow the Evanston Loop Sunday through Wednesday schedule on Thursday, November 26 through Saturday November 28. Regular service will resume on Sunday, November 29.
- Campus Loop will not be in service Thursday, November 26 through Saturday, November 28. Regular service will resume on Sunday, November 29.
- Chicago Express will not be in service on Saturday, November 28. Regular service will resume on Saturday, December 5.
- Shop-N-Ride will be in service on Sunday, November 29.
- SafeRide will not be in service Thursday, November 26. For questions regarding SafeRide, please email email@example.com.
Time Change Brings Increased Shuttle Service
Daylight saving time ends this weekend and the Evanston Loop and Campus Loop shuttles will begin their standard time schedules. Please note the following service increases:
- Beginning Sunday, November 1, Campus Loop service begins at 6:00 p.m.
- Beginning Thursday, November 5, the Evanston Loop Thursday through Saturday schedule includes three additional runs, departing Library/Norris Center at 7:00 p.m., 7:40 p.m., and 8:20 p.m.
New Train Station Shuttle Schedule Effective October 21
We want to thank you for your patience over the last few weeks while we had implemented and tried a new Train Station Shuttle schedule. The feedback that you provided was very helpful as we monitored the new schedule. Based on everything we were able to compile the campus partners (NU, NM, RIC, and Lurie Children’s) have decided to revert back to the original schedule. The first day of operating on the original schedule again will be Wednesday, October 21. The schedule and brochure can be found on the Train Station Shuttle section of our website.
Again, we want to thank you for your patience and the feedback that you provided during this time. It was extremely helpful as we monitored other data points on our end. If you have any questions or comments, please contact Paul Merkey at 312-503-5540 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Possible Intercampus Delays Through November 30
Chicago Department of Transportation (CDOT) is undertaking a resurfacing project on Lake Shore Drive. The project is anticipated to continue through the end of November. During this time we anticipate Intercampus buses will experience delays, so please allow for extra travel time. You can track shuttles at northwestern.doublemap.com. DoubleMap shows the location of active shuttles on each route and provides estimated wait times for shuttle stops. DoubleMap also offers free apps for iPhone and Android as well as a mobile version of the website for use on other mobile devices. More information about the project can be found on CDOT's press release.
Union + Ogilvie Station Stop – Temporary Relocations
Construction on Chicago's new Bus Rapid Transit System has begun. It is expected to last through the end of 2015, with some lasting into spring 2016. Due to this construction the pick-up and drop-off locations for Ogilvie and Union stations may be affected, sometimes unexpectedly. We do our best to be proactive about impacts, but at times these may change unexpectedly. As we are able, announcements will be posted here on Transportation News. Thank you for your patience during this time. Information about the project may be found at brtchicago.com.
Important Notice Regarding Ryan Field Shuttle Stop and Charter Buses
As Northwestern University continues our efforts to strengthen relationships with the City of Evanston, University Services is taking steps to curb both air and noise pollution thereby reducing the number of disturbances to our neighbors in the community surrounding Ryan Field. To help further these efforts, please be advised of the following:
Boarding Shuttles at Ryan Field
When boarding shuttles at Ryan Field, it is essential that all riders are waiting at the bus shelter in the parking lot at the scheduled departure time. The shuttle will "load and go" as it does at all other stops on the route. This means it will pull into the lot at the scheduled departure time, load passengers standing at the stop, and immediately leave; it will no longer arrive at the stop early in order to wait for riders to exit their vehicle, gather their belongings, and walk to the shuttle stop to board. This will reduce the time shuttles are in the parking lot thus lessening the impact to our neighbors.
University Services encourages the Northwestern University community to work with us when chartering a bus for an event. There are numerous advantages to working with us, including discounted rates, ease of payment, and quality assurance. However, if you choose to charter a bus independently or have a group coming to campus, it is required that you communicate to that company or group two important rules:
- No buses may idle in the Ryan Field lots. Parking in the lots with their engine off is acceptable, but if needed in that area for pick-up, buses must instead stage on Ashland Avenue between Central Street and Isabella Street.
- Drivers must abide by the City of Evanston Anti-Idling Ordinance. Buses may not idle for more than 5 minutes in any 60-minute period. Violators may be subject to fines.