Web Content Management System
Web Content Management Systems allow nearly anyone to edit web pages as easily as they can edit other documents. WCMS is the next generation of tools for empowering distributed management of web site information. Unlike desktop software suites like Dreamweaver and Contribute, these systems are centrally run and provided—there is no computer setup necessary to begin using these systems and no software versions or upgrades to worry about. For the end user, they run entirely within the web browser and provide an intuitive interface for finding, editing, and publishing web pages.
April 25, 2014 - Cascade Server 7.10 Upgrade
Cascade has been upgraded from 7.8 to 7.10. The highlights of this release include:
- Customizable dashboard - widgets can be dragged and dropped to a new position or removed from the dashboard completely
- Enhanced code editor for WYSIWYG HTML source editor - syntax-highlighting editor
- User interface improvements - the following items are easier to distinguish and easier to click now:
- Links to expand/collapse folders in the left-hand navigation
- Controls to re-order, add/ delete multiple fields when editing pages
- Improved mobile experience
See Cascade 7.10 release notes for a complete list of improvements/features.