Your son/daughter spends a terrific four years on campus at Northwestern taking advantage of educational lectures, painting the the Rock, enjoying performances from peers, walking through the Arch and enjoying the cultural benefits of Chicago and Evanston. We do not want you to miss out on sharing some of those experiences with your son/daughter; this is the very reason we host Family Weekend each fall. This year family weekend is from November 7-9, 2014. A time to partake in the spirit that embraces our campus; this weekend gives you a snapshot of the campus culture, the community's academic excellence and the energy that moves from the seats of Ryan Field down through the Arch, a campus staple. We ask you to join us as we celebrate our campus and welcome family members to our illustrious community.
Family Weekend Registration is now open. There is no cost to registering for Family Weekend and in order to purchase tickets for the football game, you must first register for Family Weekend.
For future planning, Family Weekend 2015 will be from November 6-8.
Family Weekend Schedule
Our official Family Weekend Schedule will be available in July of 2014. Our schedule includes a variety of optional events for our families members to enjoy. The schedule will begin around 11:00 a.m. Friday morning and wrap up Sunday at noon. Some of the items we look forward to hosting for our family members include the following:
- Class sessions hosted by faculty just for our family members
- Information sessions from key university staff
- The NU Revue - a set of performances displaying the immese talent of our students
- Family Tailgate- This will take place prior to the football game against Michigan
- Northwestern vs. Michigan- Tickets are now available to families who register for family weekend. There is an allotment of tickets available (at the season ticket price) specifically for our family members until the supply is sold out or until late July. At that point, families may be able to purchase tickets available to the general public (pending availability).
- A Conversation with University President Morton Schapiro
Travel and Hotels
Things to do in Chicago
Family Weekend is a pretty packed schedule of great things for you to check out with or without your student. We know, though, for some families going to the football game or other events we plan may not be as relevant. For those families we think it is a great time to explore Evanston and Chicago, two cities your student has the privilege of living in and close to during their time here.