Financial Operations IT (formerly Financial Systems) is part of the Office of the Controller within the Office of Financial Operations. We administer processes and provide technical services for users of the university’s financial systems. One of our primary responsibilities is the administration of security access for Café Systems.
Financial Systems Security
Security access can be granted for the following Café Systems:
- NUFinancials - Northwestern's financial management information system
- InfoEd - Northwestern's enterprise system for proposal administration
- Cognos - Access key financial reports
- FAMIS - Northwestern's Facilities Management Information System
Café Systems security access request forms are here.
Café Systems processes and procedures are here: http://cafe.northwestern.edu/
Financial policies and procedures are here: http://www.northwestern.edu/finsys/ps/
Security can be granted to access the archive of CUFS reports and transactions:
- ViewDirect Report Archive – Archived CUFS Budget Statements and other reports published before December 2008.
- Cognos Business Intelligence – CUFS Historical reports using detail ledger transactions posted before December 2008.
CUFS Archive Security Access request forms are found here.
CUFS Legacy Financial System Data
CUFS (College and University Financial System) was replaced with NUFinancials in December 2008. Historical reports and detailed transaction data from Fiscal Year (FY) 2003 through Q1 of FY 2009 (November 2008) are archived in two reporting environments.
The CUFS Report Archive is located in ViewDirect. It contains electronic copies of budget statements and financial reports that were printed and distributed from CUFS.
The CUFS Historical data folder on the Cognos Business Intelligence system contains Cognos reports specifically developed to access the electronic archive of detailed ledger transactions posted to CUFS.
ViewDirect also includes in the archive the Graduate School Tuition report (NWFA6115). Users can access the data using Peoplesoft chartstrings.