Diversity at Northwestern
Northwestern University is committed to identifying and implementing ways to create and support a diverse and inclusive campus community. We strive for a community that fosters personal and intellectual growth by bringing together faculty, students, and staff from different backgrounds and perspectives to engage in a mutual exchange of ideas and experiences.
Staffing infrastructure includes:
- Shannon Bartlett, Director, Diversity Education & Outreach, School of Law
- Lesley-Ann Brown, Director of Campus Inclusion and Community within the Division of Student Affairs
- Dona Cordero, Assistant Provost for Diversity and Inclusion
- Angela Edwards-Campbell, Director, Diversity and Inclusion, Kellogg School of Management
- Alison May, Assistant Director for the Services for Students with Disabilities Office
- Renee Redd, Director of the Women’s Center
- Nsombi Ricketts, Assistant Dean of Diversity and Inclusion, The Graduate School
- Roberto Sanabria, Director, Equal Opportunity and Access
- Tim Stevens, University Chaplain
These are some of the many groups to create and sustain the type of learning and living community that we strive to be.
University Diversity Council: Comprised of faculty, students, staff, and alumni to identify efforts and strategies to move the University forward. Read more on the University Diversity Council webpage.
Diversity Leaders’ Group: Formed to strengthen a coordinated approach to addressing institutional issues of diversity and inclusion.
Campus Inclusion and Community Task Force: Graduate and undergraduate students who assist with the planning, implementation, and evaluation of services and programs related to diversity and inclusion.
Bias Incident Response Team: A group of administrators committed to creating a proactive response to instances of hate and bias. When a student reports a bias/hate incident through Respect NU, one of the BIRT members will support the student, connect them with the appropriate resources, and follow-up with them until the situation has been resolved.