Diversity at Northwestern
Northwestern University is committed to identifying and implementing ways to create and support a diverse and inclusive campus community. We strive for a community that fosters personal and intellectual growth by bringing together faculty, students, and staff from different backgrounds and perspectives to engage in a mutual exchange of ideas and experiences.
Staffing infrastructure includes:
- Lesley-Ann Brown, Director of Campus Inclusion and Community within the Division of Student Affairs
- Dona Cordero, Assistant Provost for Diversity and Inclusion
- Angela Edwards-Campbell, Director, Diversity and Inclusion, Kellogg School of Management
- Sunny Gibson, Director of Minority Affairs, Feinberg School of Medicine
- Devin Moss, Director of the LGBT Resource Center
- Renee Redd, Director of the Women’s Center
- Margie Roe, Director of the Office of Services for Students with Disabilities
- Tim Stevens, University Chaplain
- Penny Warren, Assistant Dean of Student Life and Multicultural Affairs, The Graduate School
These are some of the many groups to create and sustain the type of learning and living community that we strive to be.
University Diversity Council: Comprised of faculty, students, staff, and alumni to identify efforts and strategies to move the University forward. Read more on the University Diversity Council webpage.
Diversity Leaders’ Group: Formed to strengthen a coordinated approach to addressing institutional issues of diversity and inclusion.
Campus Inclusion and Community Task Force: Graduate and undergraduate students who assist with the planning, implementation, and evaluation of services and programs related to diversity and inclusion.
Bias Incident Response Team: A group of administrators committed to creating a proactive response to instances of hate and bias. When a student reports a bias/hate incident through Respect NU, one of the BIRT members will support the student, connect them with the appropriate resources, and follow-up with them until the situation has been resolved.