AccessibleNU - Requesting Accomodations
Under the "My Accommodations" drop-down menu on the left-hand side of your AccessibleNU screen:
- Select "List Accommodations" and locate "3 Step: Process to Request Accommodations" (see below).
- Under "Step 1: Choose Accommodation Term" select the term for which you are requesting accommodations.
- Under "Step 2: Enter Course Registration Numbers for each course in which you need accommodation," Enter the course registration numbers (CRN) for the classes you are requesting accommodation. This information can be found in CAESAR.
Note: The CRN is the 5 digit Class Number. Once you have finished entering your CRNs, Click "Step 3 – Continue to Customize Your Accommodations."
- You will be directed to a page with a header that reads "Final Step: Select Accommodations(s)for Each Class" (see below).
- Select the accommodations you are requesting for each class; only accommodations for which you have been approved will be viewable.
- Many of you will see the accommodation option "Alternative Testing." This refers to extra time on exams and other exam arrangements such as reduced-distraction testing room. You will want to select this accommodation if you intend to use your test-related accommodations.
- (Although they are not visible to you, your professor will see the specific alternative testing accommodations for which you have been approved. If you'd like to confirm your exact testing accommodations you can view or print the pdf of your accommodation letter after SSD staff have approved your request.)
- After you have completed making the appropriate selections for all classes, Click: "Submit your Accommodation Requests" (see below)
- The following screen will be displayed (see below). It should read “System update is successful. System has successfully processed your request.”
- Login to AccessibleNU in 3 business days to see if your request has been approved.
After Requesting Accommodation Notifications
Now, unless you want to
you're done with the process of requesting accommodation notifications.
Follow up with your instructors to ensure they have received your accommodation notifications and to discuss testing arrangements. You may also find our exam-proctoring details page helpful.