Applying for Membership
Eligible community members should complete the following steps to apply for membership in the Chicago fitness program. Find out if you are eligible.
Fitness Formula Clubs:
- Complete the Northwestern Fitness/Recreation Benefits Application
- Important step for Foreign National Students
- Complete Membership Application
- Include marriage, civil union or domestic partnership documentation, if applicable
- Send applications and payment to Auxiliary Services
- The application is processed
- To enroll at L.A. Fitness, please contact Salem Marrougi at email@example.com for additional information. Please note that our program with L.A. Fitness will end April 30, 2018. All new memberships and renewals will be pro-rated for the duration of our program for members that pay by check and for employees paying with payroll deductions, which will be automatically canceled.
Download and complete one Northwestern Fitness/Recreation Benefits Application for FFC (spouses/partners do not need to complete an individual form).
If you are a Foreign National Student, it is a requirement to register with the Foreign National Information System (FNIS) at Northwester’s Human Resources (HR) Payroll department. Please complete and submit the two required forms – Alien Tax Status Form and W8-BEN Part I (pdf).
You MUST complete Part B of the Alien Tax status form and submit a copy of your passport, visa, I-94, and immigration document (I-20 for F-1, DS- 2019 for J-1, or I-797 for H-1B) with your fitness club application in order for us to process your membership request. Otherwise, your request will be delayed. If you are not a Foreign National Student, you may skip this step.
Complete the Fitness Formula Clubs online membership application.
- Spouses/Partners: If applying for spousal membership, spouses must also complete this application form
- Spouses/Partners: include a copy of one of the following documents when you fax or mail in your application:
- Marriage certificate (If necessary, we may request a notarized translation of your marriage certificate. These are available at your country's consulate or international travel bureaus.)
- Spouse visa
- Domestic partners: include a copy of the Declaration of Same-Gender Domestic Partner Relationship Form (pdf) or Civil Union Certificate when you fax or mail in your application
- If the domestic partner relationship terminates, you must submit a Termination of Same-Gender Domestic Partner Relationship Form (pdf).
Payment options vary by applicant type:
- All eligible applicants can pay by check or money order
- Employees can also pay by payroll deduction
Make check or money order payable to Northwestern University
Send payment and application to:
Auxiliary Services - Fitness Club Manager
1801 Maple Avenue, Suite 2300
Evanston, Illinois 60201
(For quicker processing, drop off your application at the Auxiliary Services drop-off mail slot in the Abbott Hall foyer by the Huron Street entrance.)
- Note that you would like to pay via payroll deduction on the Northwestern Fitness/Recreation Benefits Application
- Fax or email both applications to the Fitness Club Manager at 847-491-3849 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Auxiliary Services must receive applications, renewals, and payment by the 22nd of the month (or the last business day prior to the 22nd if that day falls on a weekend or holiday) in order to start membership the following month. When sending in your application, please allow extra time for mail delivery.
Foreign National Students: Please note that your application will be processed after Payroll verifies your registration in FNIS.