Resource Materials and Guides
- Resource Guide on Sexual Misconduct and Title IX
- Resource Guide for Respondents in Sexual Misconduct Matters
- Discrimination and Harassment Policy Guide
- Resource Guide on Discrimination and Harassment
- Reporting Responsibilities Postcard
Brochures and Posters
Posters are sent periodically to department offices for posting. For additional copies of brochures or posters, please contact the Office of Equity.
- Northwestern University Resource Guide on Sexual Misconduct and Title IX is distributed in multiple locations throughout campus, including the Office of the Provost, the Office of Equal Opportunity and Access, and the Women's Center.
- Northwestern University Resource Guide on Discrimination and Harassment is distributed in multiple locations throughout campus, including the Office of the Provost, the Office of Equal Opportunity and Access, and the Women's Center.
- What You Should Know About Discrimination, Harassment, and Sexual Harassment offers information Northwestern's policies related to sexual harassment and sexual misconduct.
- Discrimination, Harassment, Sexual Harassment, and Sexual Misconduct: Policy and Guidelines for the Northwestern Community 2017-18 is published in brochure and poster formats. Brochures are distributed annually to all faculty and staff, as well as distributed in multiple locations throughout campus, including the Office of the Provost, the Office of Equal Opportunity and Access, and the Women's Center.
- Sexual Misconduct Disclosures: A Guide for Faculty & Staff provides information on what to do if someone discloses an incident of sexual misconduct.
- Title IX/Sexual Misconduct: You Have Options, a poster distributed throughout campus, provides information and resources about Title IX/Sexual Misconduct at Northwestern.
- IDHR “It’s Never Okay” Title IX/Sexual Misconduct Posters: The State of Illinois mandates that Illinois universities display their poster addressing sexual harassment of students by faculty and TA’s. The law provides that the posters must remain posted in various campus locations accessible to students at all times. For copies of this poster for display please contact the Office of Equity.
Optional Syllabus Language on Sexual Misconduct and Reporting
Northwestern University is committed to fostering an environment where students are safe and free from sexual misconduct. Confidential resources are available to those who have experienced sexual misconduct. Faculty, instructors, and TAs are not confidential resources and are required to report incidents of sexual misconduct, whether discussed in your assignments or in person, to the Office of Equity, which can provide information about resources and options. I encourage students who have experienced sexual misconduct to talk with someone to get support. For more information, including how to request interim protective measures and academic accommodations or file a complaint, see the Get Help page.
Optional Syllabus Language Regarding Discrimination and Sexual Harassment
Northwestern University's Policies on Discrimination, Harassment, and Sexual Misconduct apply to all members of the University community, including students, staff, faculty, and third parties. Any student, staff, or faculty member, or third party, who believes that they have been discriminated against or harassed on the basis of their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, parental status, marital status, age, disability, citizenship, veteran status, genetic information or any other classification protected by law, should contact the Office of Equity at (847) 467-6571. Additional information about the University's discrimination and harassment policies, including the campus resources available to assist individuals with discrimination or harassment concerns, is available online on the Office of Equity website.
Students, staff, and faculty who report harassment, discrimination, or sexual misconduct are also protected under the University's Policy on Non-Retaliation
Northwestern University: It's On Us
Created by ASG in support of a national movement to help shift college campus culture around sexual assault.
Northwestern Athletics: It's On Us
Created by Northwestern Athletics in support of this national movement to help shift college campus culture around sexual assault.
Consent: It's as Simple As Tea
Copyright 2015 Emmeline May, rockstardinosaurpirateprincess.com and Rachel Brian blueseatstudios.com