About the Grants
The Office of the Provost supports excellence in faculty scholarly and creative work through the Provost Grants for Research in Humanities, Social Sciences, and the Arts.
Faculty in the humanities, social sciences, and the arts are eligible for these grants, which are intended to provide funding in fields with little external or start-up funding.
- Academic, scholarly, or creative merit of the project, originality, and significant contribution to the field.
- Impact on the applicant’s career.
- Feasibility of completing the project during the grant period.
Maximum grant amount is up to $5,000.
Grants are for a twelve-month period and require that a final report is submitted at the end of the grant period.
Full-time, benefits-eligible faculty, tenure-line or clinical/instructional, professional library staff members, and artists-in-residence with continuing appointments in the humanities, social sciences, and the arts. Recipients can apply for the grants once every two years.
Submit your materials using the Online Application.
Application Materials Needed for Submission:
- Project description.
- Proposed budget. Fill out and upload the Office of the Provost Budget Form.
- Curriculum vitae. Limit to three pages.
- For creative projects only: work samples. Review the Guidelines for Creative Work Samples before uploading work samples.
January 15, 2020
Questions can be directed to Joan Johnson, Director for Faculty, at email@example.com.