About the Award
The Office of the Provost supports excellence in faculty scholarly and creative work through the Provost Grants for Research in Humanities, Social Sciences, and the Arts.
Faculty in the humanities, social sciences, and the arts are eligible for these awards, which are intended to provide funding in fields with little external or start-up funding.
- Academic, scholarly, or creative merit of the project, originality, and significant contribution to the field.
- Impact on the applicant’s career.
- Feasibility of completing the project during the grant period.
Maximum Award is $5,000 (taxable).
Awards are for a twelve-month period and require that a final report is submitted at the end of the award period. At the end of the project period, any remaining funds in the project account revert to the Office of the Provost, unless the awardee requests and is granted an extension. Only a single one-year extension will be permitted.
Full-time, benefits-eligible faculty, tenure-line or clinical/instructional, professional library staff members, and artists-in-residence with continuing appointments in the humanities, social sciences, and the arts. Recipients are limited to one research grant per year.
Please read the Application Guidelines before beginning your submission.
Application Materials Needed for Submission:
- Project description. Review the criteria and instructions in the Application Guidelines.
- Proposed budget. Fill out and upload the Office of the Provost budget form. Instructions can be found in the Application Guidelines.
- CV. Limit to five pages.
- For creative projects only: Work samples. Review the Guidelines for Creative Work Samples before uploading work samples.
Submit your materials using the Online Application.
January 15, 2019
Questions can be directed to Joan Marie Johnson, Director for Faculty, Office of the Provost, email@example.com.