Appointment Request Form
Please review the following information prior to submitting the appointment request form below.
- Health Professions Advising is operating on a hybrid in-person and remote schedule. Students may schedule appointments through ConnectNU. If you do not see your advisor listed in your ConnectNU account, or are having trouble accessing ConnectNU, you may still use the “Meet with an Advisor” form accessed below. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For those of you who are volunteering, please remember that the safety and wellbeing of patients and staff is the top priority for any clinical site. Because of this, many sites are limiting visits of non-essential personnel, friends, and even relatives. Please check with your volunteer coordinator on their response to Covid-19 and how that affects your role. Given the circumstances, we are confident that cutting back on your volunteer hours should not have a negative impact on your application materials.
- Your advisor will be able to review application materials (e.g. Personal Statement, work & activities entries, etc.) according to the following guidelines:
- Advisors are only able to review two drafts of your personal statement during the application cycle, and their comments will focus primarily on content. They will provide one round of feedback on secondary essays, consisting of 3-4 common prompts or 2 schools-worth of prompts. We encourage undergraduates and graduate students to utilize The Writing Place for additional help with writing mechanics.
- Please refer to your appointment confirmation message, either from ConnectNU or email@example.com, for details regarding your advisor's preferences for format and timing of materials.
- To stay up to date on Northwestern’s response, please continue to monitor the University’s website.
- We encourage you to stay well informed in order to make decisions that are science-based to protect yourself and others. The most reliable and up-to-date information about the COVID-19 pandemic is available on the CDC’s website. Stay healthy, stay informed, and wash your hands!
Please note: This is a service for Northwestern undergraduates and alumni only. Students and alumni of the Northwestern School of Professional Studies (SPS) are not advised by HPA. Please visit the SPS student advising site for more information. Due to advising demand, we are unable to meet with incoming transfer or prospective students at this time.
If you're using a screenreader, please see our accessible Meet with an Advisor Request Form.
Please provide as much information as possible when submitting this request form. An incomplete request may delay our ability to schedule your appointment.