Appointment Request Form
Please review the following information prior to submitting the appointment request form below.
- Effective March 13, 2020 Health Professions Advising will conduct all of its advising activities online until further notice. Students may schedule appointments through ConnectNU, and appointments will be conducted via Zoom. If you do not see your advisor listed in your ConnectNU account, or are having trouble accessing ConnectNU, you may still use the “Meet with an Advisor” form accessed below. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Ahead of your appointment, you will want to do a test to ensure you can connect to Zoom and have functioning audio capabilities. Video is not necessary for appointments. To make sure you are able to access Zoom, visit http://northwestern.zoom.us.
- For those of you who are be volunteering, please remember that the safety and wellbeing of patients and staff is the top priority for any clinical site. Because of this, many sites are limiting visits of non-essential personnel, friends, and even relatives. Please check with your volunteer coordinator on their response to Covid-19 and how that affects your role. Given the circumstances, we are confident that cutting back on your volunteer hours should not have a negative impact on your application materials.
- Your advisor will still be able to review application materials (e.g. Personal Statement, work & activities entries, etc.) according to the following guidelines:
- Feedback will primarily be provided digitally (i.e. tracked changes or email notes). If you would like to have a conversation with your advisor about their feedback, please schedule an appointment through ConnectNU and refer to additional guidance around current appointment scheduling procedure.
- If you wish to discuss your advisor’s feedback in an appointment, drafts should be submitted via email directly to your advisor or to firstname.lastname@example.org at least one business day prior to your appointment. (E.g. if your appointment is on Monday, you must submit your draft the Friday before).
- Your advisor will only review two drafts, and their comments will focus primarily on content.
- To stay up to date on Northwestern’s response, please continue to monitor the University’s website.
- We encourage you to stay well informed in order to make decisions that are science-based to protect yourself and others. The most reliable and up-to-date information about the COVID-19 pandemic is available on the CDC’s website. Stay healthy, stay informed, and wash your hands!
Please note: This is a service for Northwestern undergraduates and alumni only. Students and alumni of the Northwestern School of Professional Studies (SPS) are not advised by HPA. Please visit the SPS student advising site for more information.
If you're using a screenreader, please see our accessible Meet with an Advisor Request Form.
Please provide as much information as possible when submitting this request form. An incomplete request may delay our ability to schedule your appointment.