Testing for Graduate and Professional Students Remaining on Campus after Thanksgiving
As we head into the holidays, we want to once again thank you for your hard work and diligence to testing protocols this academic year as we work to slow the spread of COVID-19. This message provides an important update for graduate and professional students planning to be on-campus between Thanksgiving and Winter Recess.
Returning to Campus Following Thanksgiving Travel
We previously asked that graduate students who were traveling to “high-risk” states for the Thanksgiving holiday self-quarantine and work from home for two weeks following their travel. Since we issued that directive, the City of Chicago updated its emergency travel order to a new tiered system.
As nearly all states fit into the “avoid travel” category, we are amending our guidance and asking anyone who travels away from Illinois for the holiday to not return to campus for two weeks following their return. This applies to both the Chicago and Evanston campuses.
Graduate students in Evanston who need to access laboratories or other campus facilities for research purposes may return to campus after one week following a negative test result. Your test should be timed 5-7 days following your return from travel. Graduate students in Chicago should follow any restrictions from the City of Chicago regarding self-quarantining following travel.
Testing from November 30 to December 18
We are offering voluntary, asymptomatic testing for all graduate students who will be still actively on-campus following Thanksgiving break. You can book a test as frequently as once per week if you would like.
Please note that during this window, there will be a change in testing vendors and instructions from what was deployed throughout the quarter for graduate students. All testing will be conducted using the Tempus platform during this period, like your entry test at the beginning of the Fall Term. Please use this link to schedule.
You can complete your test at one of two locations:
- Evanston: Jacobs Center (2001 Sheridan Road), you will enter the testing center at the South entrance of the building
- Chicago: 345 E. Superior St., you will enter the building at the West entrance
You will receive your results through the Tempus mobile app. If you experience any issues receiving an email from Tempus or downloading the Tempus app, you can directly contact Tempus customer support at email@example.com. If you are still unable to access the Tempus mobile app after that, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain your results.
- You are not eligible for asymptomatic testing if:
- You have tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 90 days
- You are currently in self-isolation or quarantine
- You have COVID-19 related symptoms
- Before you arrive for testing, please make sure to update your local address in CAESAR. This will help ensure your test results are matched and communicated appropriately.
- Review what happens if you test positive. If you test positive, you will be required to self-isolate. During that time, you will be unable to travel.
- The Department of Public Health requires the testing labs to report on certain demographic information as part of your registration, see Testing Information.
Have a safe and healthy Thanksgiving break.