Confirmed Cases of COVID-19
Northwestern students, faculty or staff who have known, confirmed cases of COVID-19 and who could have presented a risk of exposure to other members of the University community are aggregated in the table below. Contractors doing business on campus are included in staff figures. Excluded from this list are:
- Students, faculty and staff at Northwestern campuses in San Francisco, Washington D.C. or Qatar
- Northwestern Medicine employees
It is important to note that these figures include both self-reported cases and positive test results from Northwestern University Health Services.
Because these cases include information that is self-reported, not all cases will necessarily have occurred on-campus, and may not present any risk of transmission to the broader Northwestern community. Similarly, these figures report only those cases known to Northwestern, and may not be inclusive of any positive cases impacting community members personally but not reported to the University.
This webpage will be updated Fridays by 1 p.m. Our goal is to be open and transparent, which we believe is essential to help stop the spread of the virus.
- Buildings are listed for transparency purposes only. They do not indicate a higher level of risk or health concerns associated with an individual building. If someone was in their office, and wearing masks when using other parts of the building, there is very small chance of exposure to others occupying the building.
- The buildings noted above have been identified as where an individual has a primary dedicated location on campus that was in use in the two weeks prior to diagnosis. For instance, if a staff member has a designated office space, that is the building referenced. Ancillary or transient building visits are not noted here.
- Some cases will have no primary buildings impacted – for example, off-campus undergraduate students may not have a primary location impacted by their positive case.
- If you were identified as someone who has been in contact with, or in close proximity to, any individual who has tested positive for the virus, you will be notified.