Siteimprove Content Auditing Tool
The main resource that the university uses for monitoring web accessibility is Siteimprove. Siteimprove is a content auditing tool that checks web content for accessibility issues, broken links, spelling errors and more. If you are a developer or managing/editing a northwestern website, you can request access to Siteimprove.
- There are four services in Siteimprove: QA, Accessibility, SEO and Policy.
- SEO and Policies are applied to the all the sites that we support.
- Siteimprove is linked to Cascade so it’s easy to fix issues.
- It scans a site every 5 days.
- There are two user roles:
- Report recipients –Report recipients can only view pdf or online reports with a summary of issues.
- Users - Users have more access and can log into the system to get more details about the issues I am happy to do a quick walk-through of the system if you want.