- Defining sexual harassment
- Effects of sexual harassment
- Northwestern policies concerning sexual harassment
- Responding to sexual harassment
- Consensual relationships between students and faculty
- Resources for victims
Sexual harassment facts
Research from the American Association of University Women found that:
- 62% of female college students and 61% of male college students report having been sexually harassed at their university.
- 66% of college students know someone personally who was harassed.
- 10% or less of student sexual harassment victims attempt to report their experiences to a university employee.
- 35% or more of college students who experience sexual harassment do not tell anyone about their experiences.
- 80% of students who experienced sexual harassment report being harassed by another student or former student.
- 39% of students who experienced sexual harassment say the incident or incidents occurred in the dorm.
- 51% of male college students admit to sexually harassing someone in college, with 22% admitting to harassing someone often or occasionally.
- 31% of female college students admit to harassing someone in college.