Travel Quick Reference Guide
Bookmark this quick reference guide on your PDA or laptop for easy access during your travels, or print out the Pocket Guide (pdf) version of this page and carry it with you.
Approved Travel Agencies
- 519 Park Drive
Kenilworth, IL 60043
- Phone: 847-256-7570 or toll-free 800-245-9335
- Fax: 847-256-9475
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hours: Mon.-Fri. 9 a.m.-5 p.m.; Sat. by appointment only
- 1740 Ridge Avenue, Lower Level 15B
Evanston, IL 60201
- Phone: 847-491-6930 (outside Illinois 800-626-6963)
- Fax: 847-491-0923
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Hours: Mon.-Fri. 9 a.m.-5:30 p.m.; Sat. 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
- (For after hours service only: 800-823-2593; $20 charge any time this number is called)
Last-Minute Travel Changes
For last-minute travel changes, contact your travel agency:
- Orbitz for Business: 877-672-4891 (312-469-1956 from outside of the U.S.) Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Travel 100 Group: 800-245-9335 (For after hours service only: 800-823-2593; $20 charge any time this number is called)
- Intra World: 800-626-6963
Or call the airline directly:
- Air Canada: 888-247-2262
- American: 800-433-7300
- British Airways: 800-247-9297
- Delta: 800-221-1212
- Enterprise Rent-a-Car: 800-736-8222
- Lufthansa: 800-645-3880
- National Car Rental: 800-227-7368
- Southwest: 800-435-9792
- United: 800-864-8331
- US Airways: 800-428-4322
- Save money by using Orbitz for Business.
- Update your travel profile with preferences, frequent flyer number, etc. to streamline the booking process.
- To expand flight and fare options, use as wide a range of travel dates and times as possible.
- Consider alternative airports (for both departure and destination) within reasonable driving time to take advantage of lower fares.
- Save travel receipts and submit as soon as possible using the Reimbursement Form available in NUFinancials on the NU Portal.
- When charging a chart string, make sure the account field is open and funded. (Note: Typically, for airfare use 76765 for domestic and 76770 for international, and for hotels use 76766 for domestic and 76771 for international.)
- Review Northwestern's Travel Policy and Procedures (PDF).
- Purchase collision and loss damage waiver insurance coverage only when renting cars internationally.
- Check your itinerary for your flights’ minimum check-in times.