Instructions for service requests are found below. For cost estimates, see our Estimate Requests webpage.
Making a service request
Service requests can be made online or via email or telephone.
- To make an online request via NU Portal Self Service, you must be an authorized service requester in the FAMIS work order system.
- If you are not authorized, contact your building or department’s authorized requestor, who can submit them on your behalf. You can also contact your department administrator to obtain your own authorization.
- Email requests to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Evanston campus: (847) 491-5201
- Chicago campus: (312) 503-8000
Our request response process
- Facilities Management creates a work order and determines if the request should go to the technician as a priority request.
- All temperature complaints, plumbing requests and security issues (broken locks, broken windows, etc.) are distributed the same day.
- With the exception of emergencies (floods, power failures, etc.), which take priority, we try to handle calls in the order they were received.
- Work Order information is distributed to the appropriate shop foreman or assistant foreman by pager, radio or phone. He or she then distributes the request to an individual technician.
- You can track the status of your service request in the FAMIS work order system.
Billing and payments
Facilities Management services are billed weekly in the FAMIS system.