Request service online
If you are an authorized service requestor in the FAMIS work order system, you can request service in NU Portal Self-Service.
- Contact your building or department’s authorized requestor, who can submit them on your behalf, or
- Contact your department administrator to obtain your own authorization.
Request service by phone or email
- Evanston campus: (847) 491-5201
- Chicago campus: (312) 503-8000
- Email: email@example.com
Report an emergency situation
If there is an emergency such as a fire, or immediate physical danger to you or others, call 911.
If there is an urgent matter, call the campus numbers (above).
While Facilities Management regular office hours are 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, staff are on campus 24-hours a day to handle urgent problems.
Our request response process
After the Facilities Management office receives a request, the following steps are taken:
- Facilities Management creates a work order and determines if the request should go to the technician as a priority request.
- All temperature complaints, plumbing requests and security issues (broken locks, broken windows, etc.) are distributed the same day.
- With the exception of emergencies (floods, power failures, etc.), which take priority, we try to handle calls in the order they were received.
- Work Order information is distributed to the appropriate shop foreman or assistant foreman by pager, radio or phone. He or she then distributes the request to an individual technician.
- You can track the status of your service request in FAMIS Web.