Lakefront Athletics and Recreation Complex
Construction start: TBD
Project Description & Statistics
The New Lakefront Athletics and Recreation Complex creates an unmatched environment for Northwestern Wildcats to flourish. Nestled into the main campus in one of the most unique settings, student athletes will have the ability to both train and compete at the highest level.
The Ryan Indoor Fieldhouse will provide one of the most versatile practice, competition, and recreation venues in the nation. The new Fieldhouse will have the capacity for not only football practice, but also lacrosse. The consolidation of athletic facilities on the main campus allows for direct adjacencies of new the Sports Performance Facilities for Football and Olympic Sports, a new Sports Medicine and Athletic Training Center, and a student athlete Training Table.
Not only will the new facility offer first class training, but also a compliment of spaces including Locker Rooms, Lounges, Team Meeting Rooms and Academic Services. Integration of these critical components into one facility will streamline the day-to-day flow for a student athlete and allow continued success on and off the field.
The Natatorium will see significant improvements: varsity locker rooms, lounges, dry and wet land training areas.
Adjacent to the new facility, the outdoor venues will receive many improvements. The Martin Soccer and Lacrosse Stadium will have the synthetic turf replaced, as will the field hockey field. New locker rooms and lounges will be provided near the playing fields for men's soccer, women's soccer, lacrosse, and field hockey. Auxilary locker rooms will also be provided for visiting teams.
The new complex will provide amazing opportunities to showcase Chicago’s BIG 10 Teams with views of Lake Michigan and the Chicago skyline These new facilities will allow Northwestern University to recruit and retain the top student athletes in the country.
Bonnie Humphrey, Director Facilities Management Design & Construction
Kory Burton, Project Manager
Architect, Engineers & Consultants
- Architect: Perkins+Will, 330 North Wabash Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611
- Sports Consultant: 360 Architect, 300 West 22nd Street, Kansas City, MO 64108
- Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, and Fire Protection Engineer: Affiliated Engineers, Inc., 10 S. LaSalle Street, Chicago, IL 60603
- Structural Engineer: Halvorson and Partners, 600 W. Chicago, IL 60610
- Civil, Waterfront, Permitting, Ecology Engineer: SmithGroup JJR, 35 East Wacker, Suite 2200, Chicago, IL 60601
- Landscape Architect including Irrigation Engineer: SmithGroupJJR, 35 East Wacker, Suite 2200, Chicago, IL 60601
- Cost Estimator: The Concord Group, 161 N. Clark Street, Suite 2050, Chicago, IL 60601
- Kitchen Consultant: S20 Consultants Inc., 452 W. James Way, Cary, IL 60013
- Contractor: TBD
All inquiries should be directed to:
Kory Burton, Project Manager
Facilities Management Design & Construction
2020 Ridge Avenue
Evanston, IL 60208