Gender Responsive Health Resources
The Women's Center believes in every persons right to responsive and affirming health care. In addition to the resources below, please see our programming page for events that engage this topic and find the recommendations of the Trans and Gender Nonbinary Task Force under university reports.
- Accessible NU
- STI and HIV Testing
- Health Promotion and Wellness
- Purple Pantry
- Institute for Women’s Health Research – Women’s health research
- Student Health Service (Chicago)
- Student Health Service (Evanston)
- Religious & Spiritual Life
- Sheil Catholic Center
Emotional and Mental Health
- Counseling & Psychological Services – For students
- Multicultural Student Affairs
- Employee Assistance Program and Faculty Wellness
- Sexual Health & Assault Peer Educators (SHAPE)
- Masculinity, Allyship, Reflection, Solidarity (MARS)
- Rainbow Alliance 🌈
- College Feminists
- Planned Parenthood Generation Action
- HER Campus
- Project LETS 🌟
- Hip Circle Empowerment Center
- Social Justice Fatigue
- Women's Health Research Institute
- Brave Space Alliance 🌟🌈
Food and Housing
- Greater Chicago Food Depository
- La Casa Norte 🌟🌈
- Chicago House (primarily supports iindividuals and families impacted by HIV/AIDS)
- The Night Ministry
- Alcoholics Anonymous: Chicagoland locations, North Shore location
- Chicago Recovery Alliance - Recovery and Harm Reduction Services
- Chicago Women's Health Center 🌈
- Howard Brown Health and Broadway Youth Center 🌈(serves youth up to 24) – STD/STI Screenings, Emotional and Mental Health Services
- Institute for Women’s Health Research: Illinois Women’s Health Registry
- Northwestern Memorial Hospital
- Prentice Women’s Hospital NU
- University of Illinois National Center of Excellence in Women’s Health
- Women’s Aid Clinic – Women’s health and abortion services
Emotional and Mental Health
- ANAD (National Association of Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Disorders)
- Lilac Tree - Resources for Divorced Women
- Northshore University Healthsystem Maternal Health - Perinatal Depression Screening
- Womencare Counseling
- American Women's Medical Center (Chicago & Des Plaines)
- Illinois Abortion Clinics (Des Plaines, Downers Grove, Hinsdale, Glyn Ellyn, Wood Dale, Chicago)
- Planned Parenthood Illinois
- Women’s Aid Clinic
Chicago Coalition for Reproductive Justice
Illinois Caucus for Adolescent Health (CHAT podcasts)
Reproductive Access - List of over 200 resources
Reproductive Health Access Network
The following list of resources has been provided by the Care Collective:
For speaking about abortion access:
- Care Collective
- Talking Points on SCOTUS’s Decision to Overturn Roe
- 2022 Abortion Access Messaging
- Graphics to use when speaking about abortion access today
- AVOW’s social media guidance for including gender-inclusive language when messaging about abortion access
- Liberate Abortion resource hub with social media guidance, do’s and don’ts, messaging, template op-eds, template emails for media availability and more
- Advancing New Standards in Reproductive Health (ANSIRH)
- National Abortion Federation
- 2021 Violence & Disruption Report against abortion providers
- Center for Reproductive Rights
For speaking about privacy and surveillance:
- Digital Defense Fund's Pregnancy & Abortion Privacy Guide - Detailed instructions, limitations, and threat modeling considerations about abortion and digital security. A mobile version of the graphic is attached.
- Digital Defense Fund provides info on personal digital privacy for abortion experiences to clinics for free! Please reach out via their website to request one.
- Digital Safety for Abortion Workers - Check out this blog post for digital safety tips to help keep patients, providers and support workers safe.
For speaking about clinic changes:
- Abortion Care Network
- Uniting Our Voices toolkit, compiling resources, messaging guides and graphics to let folks know that clinics and funds are open and ready to help people seeking care.
- When talking about changes in independent clinic status and how to respond to an increasingly hostile abortion landscape
For communicating with reporters:
- Liberate Abortion: Reporter Do’s and Don’ts Guide
For speaking about self-managed abortions:
- Abortion On Our Own Terms:
- Talking points on self-managed abortion
- Backgrounder on self-managed abortion
For sharing state-related information:
- Guttmacher Institute’s interactive state legislation tracker
- Lay of the Land: Abortion Policies and Access in the United States
- Abortion Finder
- State-by-State Guide: This public, abortion seeker-facing resource includes the most recent updates for U.S. states – laws, providers, and more. Available in English and Spanish.
Calls to Action:
- Donate to Abortion Funds: A donation to the National Network of Abortion Funds brings abortion funds closer to a future where all people can access abortion without shame or stigma.
- Keep Our Clinics: Support independent community providers who provide the majority of abortion care in the US.
- M+A Hotline: A confidential, private and secure phone and text hotline for people in need of support for self-managed miscarriage or abortion.
- National Abortion Federation: Donate to NAF’s Dr. Tiller Patient Assistance Fund to help cover travel-related expenses for those seeking care.
- Repro Legal Helpline: If you have questions about self-managed abortion and the law, If/When/How can help. The Repro Legal Helpline is a free, confidential source for legal advice and information on self-managed abortion. VisitReproLegalHelpline.org or call 844-868-2812.
- INeedAnA.com: Vetted, up to date and personalized info on where and how to get an abortion in a clinic; no search or user data is saved.
- Abortion On Our Own Terms: Find important information, messaging and resources related to self-managed abortion.
- Aid Access: For information and consultation for receiving medication abortion by mail.
- AbortionFinder: Use this comprehensive tool – fully available in English and Spanish – to find trusted and verified abortion care and support across the U.S. No search or user data is saved.
- Operation Save Abortion: A program that educates and onboards new activists into areas of abortion activism that align with their abilities, interests, and capacity. The program launches July 17th, with a virtual training day made up of interactive conversations and activities led by abortion activists and experts from around the country - live-streamed into activist house parties across the country.
- Support/Share Practical Support Organizations (PSO's):PSO's help abortion seekers with travel and logistical support