- Northwestern’s Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) program exists to foster opportunistic risk taking by University schools and units.
- The program helps campus leaders identify key risks to their strategic initiatives, and builds a process to ensure those risks are effectively mitigated and accurately communicated to relevant stakeholders.
- The ERM process focuses primarily on key, institutional level risks, but also provides a framework for schools and units to manage the everyday risks of their operations.
- While risks can be associated with tangible areas such as safety, finance or compliance, all of Northwestern’s enterprise-level risks have a potential reputational impact for the University.
- The Office of Risk Management partners closely with the Office of Compliance, Audit and Advisory Services to implement the ERM program.
For additional information, please contact Luke Figora at firstname.lastname@example.org.