COVID-19 testing requirements for all undergraduate students
Dear undergraduate students,
With Fall Quarter in full swing, we want to take a moment to thank you for your continued efforts to keep the Northwestern community healthy. Over the past three weeks, we have experienced a very low campus positivity rate and decreasing number of cases among undergraduate students.
Based on results so far, we are optimistic about the remainder of the term. In the interest of maintaining confidence in the current campus environment, we are asking all undergraduate students to complete one COVID-19 test over the next three weeks. Detailed instructions can be found below.
All undergraduate students are required to complete at least one COVID-19 test at the Jacobs Center or 345 Superior St. on the Chicago campus between Oct. 18 and Nov. 5, regardless of vaccination status.
- Students with last names that begin with A-I should test during the week of Oct. 18-Oct. 22
- Students with last names that begin with J-Q should test during the week of Oct. 25-Oct. 29
- Students with last names that begin with R-Z should test during the week of Nov. 1-Nov. 5
That test can happen any weekday during normal testing hours (9 a.m. to 4 p.m.). Students are encouraged to target Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday for that test, since the testing centers often are busier on Monday and Friday. Unvaccinated students must continue to test two times per week as previously communicated. Students who have tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 90 days should not test during this time.
- Please remember, all indoor events or gatherings on campus require the use of masks. This includes any gatherings or meetings in residence hall spaces.
- While there are no current public health guidelines restricting gathering sizes or social distancing, students should still be prudent when planning events or gatherings. While six feet of social distancing is not required, venue sizes should be appropriate based on the number of expected attendees.
- Outdoor locations are a better choice than indoor locations, particularly while the weather remains warm.
- Continue to follow all guidelines as shared on Northwestern’s COVID-19 and Campus Updates site.
Thank you for your continued efforts to support a healthy campus community.
Vice President for Operations
Vice President for Student Affairs