Please see our Fall 2018 newsletter showcasing our partnerships with Evanston civic leaders, non-profits, businesses, schools, and local residents. Our Neighborhood News shares the work of individuals and programs that strengthen the connection between our University and our city.
This fall, we highlight:
- School Bus Equity in Evanston: Northwestern Professor, Karen Smilowitz and District 65 Superintendent, Paul Goren work together on a transportation study to help the district as a whole.
- Partnering for Safety: Aiming to improve community safety and strengthen emergency preparedness, Evanston and Northwestern have agreed to share the University's emergency operations center.
- Fresh, Fun—and Philanthropic: Evanston residents Larry and Jean Murphy are co-owners of local business, YoFresh Yogurt Cafe and have been involved in education and ministry throughout their professional life.
- Dave Davis, Executive Director for Neighborhood and Community Relations: Davis serves as the University's primary liaison to the city of Evanston and helps build strong, supportive partnerships with Evanston's residents, community organizations, schools, civic and business groups, and local government.
We also invite you to join us for events open to the public:
- You're A Good Man, Charlie Brown
Friday, 11/2 - Sunday, 11/18, times vary, Wallis Theater
Explore a day through the eyes of Charlie Brown, Snoopy, and their colorful friends. Recommended for ages 3 and up.
- Men's Basketball Northwestern vs. New Orleans
Thursday, 11/8, 7:00 PM, Welsh Ryan Arena
Cheer on the ’Cats in their first game of the season as they play in the renovated Welsh-Ryan Arena.
- Northwestern University Symphony Orchestra
Saturday, 12/8, 7:30 PM, Pick-Staiger Concert Hall
Join the merriment as the orchestra performs music for the holidays.
- Women's Basketball Northwestern vs. Illinois
Monday, 12/31, 2:00 PM, Welsh Ryan Arena
Cheer on the ’Cats as they play in the renovated Welsh-Ryan Arena.
Previous editions of the newsletter: