Subscribe to the quarterly newsletter by writing to Shayla Butler at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please see our Fall 2019 newsletter showcasing our partnerships with Evanston civic leaders, non-profits, businesses, schools, and local residents. Our Neighborhood News shares the work of individuals and programs that strengthen the connection between our University and our city.
This fall, we highlight:
- Northwestern Academy Supports Evanston Students: Northwestern Academy – Evanston's free college-access program helps underserved, high-achieving students at Evanston Township High School successfully enroll in and graduate from colleges or universities.
- Small Loans for Small Business: Northwestern's LEND provides small loans and business development services to minority-and women-owned businesses in Evanston.
- Neighborhood Watch: Through the Evanston Citizen Police Academy, members of the Evanston community gained a better understanding of the Evanston police department.
- Alex Darragh, Vice President for Facilities: In this role, Darragh is responsible for campus planning, capital project management, energy and sustainability planning, operations and maintenance, and other key functions.
We also invite you to join us for events open to the public:
- Women's Basketball: Northwestern vs. Lewis
Wednesday, 11/6, 7:00 PM, Welsh-Ryan Arena, 2705 Ashland Avenue
Cheer on the ’Cats in their first home game of the season. Ticket prices vary.
- Northwestern Jazz Orchestra
Thursday, 12/5, 7:30 PM, Galvin Recital Hall, 70 Arts Circle Drive
The jazz orchestra performs music for the holidays. Tickets $4–$6.
- Men's Basketball: Northwestern vs. Hartford
Sunday, 12/29, 1:00 PM, Welsh-Ryan Arena, 2705 Ashland Avenue
Cheer on the ’Cats against Hartford. Ticket prices vary.
Previous editions of the newsletter: