Please see our Winter 2019 newsletter showcasing our partnerships with Evanston civic leaders, non-profits, businesses, schools, and local residents. Our Neighborhood News shares the work of individuals and programs that strengthen the connection between our University and our city.
This winter, we highlight:
- Best Practices for Worst-Case Scenarios: Northwestern Office of Research Safety and Evanston Fire Department work together on simulation exercises to improve community safety and strengthen emergency preparedness.
- Nonprofit Inspires Table Talk: Across the Table is a nonprofit that brings together people from different walks of life for discussions over meals in unique spaces, including the Black House at Northwestern University.
- Black Men Lead the Conversation: Black male students from Northwestern and Evanston Township High School engaged in a conversation about their identities and experiences.
- Craig Johnson, Senior Vice President for Business and Finance: Craig Johnson collaborates with the provost to direct the University's business and finance operations.
- Evanston's Eighth Ward: Home to the city's first shopping center, the Oakton District, many restaurants and residents. Evanston's Eighth Ward encompasses the city's southwest side.
We also invite you to join us for events open to the public:
- Caravans of Gold, Fragments in TIme: Art, Culture and Exchange across Medieval Sahara Africa
Saturday, 1/26 to Sunday, 7/21, Block Museum of Art
- Men's Baseball Northwestern vs. UIC
Tuesday, 3/5, 3:00 PM, Rocky and Berenice Miller Park
- Across the Table
Monday, 4/8, 6:00 PM, Black House, 1914 Sheridan Rd.
- 88th Annual Waa-Mu Show For the Record
Friday, 5/3 to Sunday, 5/12, Performance Time Varies, Cahn Auditorium
Previous editions of the newsletter: