If you’re ready to publish your changes to the live site, follow the steps below:
- Locate the item you wish to publish.
- Once you are on the view screen, click the Publish tab.
- A page with all available destinations will appear. Make sure you have View and Publish Related Content option checked (if available) and desired publish destinations are selected. If you wish to publish to the test site only, make sure only Test Web Site destination is selected.
- Click the Submit button. You will get a message confirming that the asset has been added to the publish queue.
Note: Any changes that you make in Cascade should be published to the live site, even if you are updating a link or fixing a typo.
When you update a common element, such as your top navigation or the footer, you must publish the entire website. To publish the entire site:
- Locate and click the root directory in the navigation panel or folder tree. It could be name Home or the name of your site.
- Right click to see the in-context menu. This shows you some of the editing tasks for a folder.
- Click Publish option. A page with live/test destinations will appear. Select the appropriate destination(s) and leave all other items checked to ensure everything publishes to your live site correctly.
- Locate and click the Submit button.
Tip: If you would like to see where your asset is in the university-wide publish queue, jump to View Publish Queue section of this document for further instructions.