Register for Courses at Northwestern
You are responsible for registering yourself for classes while you are abroad.
How to Register
- You will register online through CAESAR, just as you would at Northwestern.
- To access CAESAR, your NetID and password must be current. The best way to ensure that your NetID remains active the entire time you are abroad is to change your password online just before you leave.
When to Register
- Your enrollment appointment time appears on CAESAR in Central Standard Time. Because of time zone differences, you may not be able to register for classes at exactly the time your enrollment period begins, just as you would not be able to register right away if you had a class or other conflict on campus. Keep in mind that once your enrollment period begins, it will remain open for a few months!
- Some departments perform pre-registration a week prior to normal registration to allow majors and minors of that department special access to course selection. Not all departments perform pre-registration, and instructions differ by department. Generally, you should contact the specific department and tell them up to two courses that you would like to register for in your major. They will either register you themselves or give you a permission number to use when registering.
- If you have any outstanding financial obligations to Student Accounts, Student Loans, or the library, you will be unable to register.
- If you have serious extenuating circumstances (not including personal travel or time zone differences) and will not have Internet access during your registration time, or if you are encountering problems, contact the Office of the Registrar.