Study Abroad Photo Contest
- For NU Summer Programs: September 14
- For Fall, Winter/Spring, Full Year or Non-NU Summer Programs: October 15
Photo Submission THEMES:
You may submit up to 5 color or black and white photos taken in the country where you studied abroad. Each photo should fall under one of the following themes:
- Local cuisine
- Learning outside the classroom
- Essence of (your host city)
1. Name Your Photos
- Change the actual file name (from IMG_1234 or DSC001234, etc.), and name each of your submissions “Yourlastname1,” “Yourlastname2,” etc.
2. E-mail Your Photos & Include Required Information
- Send high-resolution photos to NUstudyabroad@gmail.com. Email servers cannot handle large messages, so you may need to send your photos in separate emails.
- Include the following information in the body of your email(s):
- Study abroad program, country, and term
- Photo theme
- Photo title or short description including where photo was taken
The Study Abroad Office will select finalists, and your peers will vote for winners through Facebook and at the fall Study Abroad Fair. Prizes for best photos will consist of Amazon giftcards ranging from $10-25.
View past award-winning photos.
By submitting your photo(s) to the Photo Contest, you agree to:
- Obtain permission from individuals included in your photos, when feasible.
- Grant the Study Abroad Office permission to display your photos in our office, in our publications, and on our website and to share your photos with other units on campus for marketing purposes.