Frequently Asked Questions for Returnees
1. How do I get a photocopy of my study abroad transcript?
If you participated on a study abroad program administered by the Study Abroad Office, you can pick up a copy of your unofficial transcript at the Study Abroad Office (629 Colfax St) anytime during our business hours, no appointment necessary, as long as our office has received your transcript and you have completed the Study Abroad Office Program Evaluation.
Students who participated on programs administered by GESI or IPD should contact their offices for transcript copies.
2. How do I get an official study abroad transcript?
If you need an official transcript from your study abroad program for graduate school or another application, contact your study abroad program (e.g. Arcadia, CIEE, IES Abroad, SIT, etc.) directly. The Study Abroad Office can only provide you with a photocopy.
3. How do I resolve a problem with a grade on my study abroad transcript?
Contact your study abroad program (e.g. Arcadia, CIEE, IES Abroad, SIT, etc.).
4. What do I need to do to start the credit transfer process now that I have returned to Northwestern?
For next steps, visit Transferring Credit from Study Abroad.
5. Why haven't my study abroad credits been posted on CAESAR?
There are a variety of reasons that your study abroad credits may not have been posted:
- It has been less than two months since you returned to your program. Be patient! The processing of transcripts from foreign universities/study abroad programs usually takes at least two months, and then it takes a couple weeks to post credit.
- You have not submitted a Program Evaluation.
6. How can I learn more about reflecting on my study abroad experience?
See the Adjusting to Life at Home section of our website.