Frequently Asked Questions for Returnees
1. How do I get a photocopy of my study abroad transcript?
The Study Abroad Office can make a copy for you. To make sure we have your transcript, check CAESAR to see if your credit has been posted. If it has, you can stop by our office anytime during our business hours, no appointment necessary.
2. How do I get an official study abroad transcript?
If you need an official copy of your transcript for graduate school or another application, contact your study abroad program (IES, SIT, Arcadia, etc.) directly. The Study Abroad Office can only provide you with a photocopy.
3. How do I resolve a problem with a grade on my study abroad transcript?
Contact your study abroad program (IES, SIT, Arcadia, etc.) office.
4. What do I need to do to start the credit transfer process now that I have returned to Northwestern?
For next steps, visit Transferring Credit from Study Abroad.
5. Why haven't my study abroad credits been posted on CAESAR?
There are a variety of reasons that your grades may not have been posted:
- It has been less than two months since you returned to your program. Be patient! The processing of transcripts from foreign universities usually takes at least two months, and then it takes a couple weeks to post credit.
- You have not turned in a program evaluation.
6. How can I learn more about reflecting on my study abroad experience?
See the Adjusting to Life at Home section of our website.