University of Sydney
Sponsor: The College of Global Studies, Arcadia University
Location: Sydney, Australia
Description:Considered the premiere university in Australia, the University of Sydney specializes in cutting-edge research in the natural sciences, classics, chemistry and Australian studies. A Conservatorium of Music and the School of Art add to the comprehensive nature of the university. Located in a vibrant neighborhood called Glebe, the university allows easy access to downtown Sydney.
- Full Year
Term Notes: This program follows the Australian academic calendar: Fall Quarter program begins in early July and ends in November. Winter/Spring Quarters begin in early February and end in late June. Full Year is either February through November (the Australian academic year) or early July through late June (the U.S. academic year). Students may choose either option.
To apply, Northwestern students must:
- Complete an NU Study Abroad Application by the appropriate deadline
- Complete an Arcadia application by the program's deadline
- Self-catered student apartments with other Arcadia & Australian students
- On-campus residential colleges with Australian students. Spots are limited, competitive, and include an additional cost.
Fall 2013: $35,925
Billed by Northwestern: $22,620
- Tuition: $20,180
- SAAF: $2,440
Estimated additional costs: $13,305
- Housing: $7,100
- Meals: $1,785
- Airfare: $1,785
- Local transportation: $500
- Books & supplies: $300
- Personal expenses: $1,285
- Visa: $550