University of Queensland
Sponsor: The College of Global Studies, Arcadia University
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Description:A large, green and open campus located on the Brisbane River and close to the South Pacific shore, University of Queensland is a world leader in biotechnology, marine science, and engineering and offers a wide range of courses related to Australia in history, political science, and sociology.
- Full Year
Term Notes: This program follows the Australian academic calendar: Fall Quarter program begins in early July and ends in November. Winter/Spring Quarters begin in early February and end in late June. Full Year is either February through November (the Australian academic year) or early July through late June (the U.S. academic year). Students may choose either option.
To apply, Northwestern students must:
- Complete an NU Study Abroad Application by the appropriate deadline
- Complete an Arcadia application by the program's deadline
- Self-catered student apartments with other international students located in Brisbane's popular South Bank area, or fully-catered residential colleges with Australian students (spots are limited, competitive, and include an additional cost).
- For more information about UQ's housing options, visit Arcadia's Housing Overview page.
Fall 2014: $28,890
Billed by Northwestern: $17,900
- Tuition: $15,400
- SAAF: $2,500
Estimated additional costs: $10,990
- Housing: $5,700
- Meals: $1,540
- Airfare: $1,700
- Local transportation: $180
- Books & supplies: $255
- Personal expenses: $1,135
- Visa: $480