University of Queensland
Sponsor: The College of Global Studies, Arcadia University
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Situated along the Brisbane River, University of Queensland (UQ) is a classic university campus located in the St. Lucia neighborhood, five miles from central Brisbane. One of the oldest universities in Australia, UQ is ranked in the top 100 Universities worldwide and is a world leader in biotechnology, marine science, and engineering and offers a wide range of courses in English, history, political science, business administration, computer and information sciences, sociology and social policy.
Program Type: Affiliated
- Full Year
Term Notes: This program follows the Australian academic calendar: Fall Quarter program begins in early July and ends in November. Winter/Spring Quarters begin in early February and end in late June. Full Year is either February through November (the Australian academic year) or early July through late June (the U.S. academic year). Students may choose either option.
Carefully review Choosing Courses to Take Abroad. Arcadia University requires students to enroll in 12-16 semester credits; however, if you hope to earn the maximum of 6 units at Northwestern per semester, you will need to enroll in a minimum of 15 semester credits. This is particularly important for students participating on the program during Winter + Spring quarters.
To apply, Northwestern students must:
- Complete an NU Study Abroad Application by the appropriate deadline
- Complete an Arcadia application by the program's deadline
- Self-catered student apartments with other international students located in Brisbane's popular South Bank area
- Fully-catered residential colleges with Australian students (spots are limited, competitive, and include an additional cost).
- For UQ's housing details, visit Arcadia's Housing Overview page.
Fall 2016: $28,485
Billed by Northwestern: $16,820
- Tuition: $14,200
- Study Abroad Fee: $2,620
Estimated additional costs: $11,665
- Housing: $6,000
- Meals: $1,615
- Airfare: $1,820
- Local transportation: $200
- Books & supplies: $225
- Personal expenses: $1,415
- Visa: $390
Financial Aid & Scholarships