University of New South Wales
Sponsor: The College of Global Studies, Arcadia University
Location: Sydney, Australia
A large and modern campus, the University of New South Wales (UNSW) is located in the Kensington and Coogee Beach neighborhoods of suburban Sydney, near countless shops, restaurants, more than 15 miles of coastline with beautiful walking trails - all while still allowing easy access to downtown Sydney. Course options popular among study abroad students are Australian studies, business, economics, literature, engineering, computer and information sciences, engineering and psychology.
Program Type: Affiliated
- Full Year
Term Notes: This program follows the Australian academic calendar: Fall Quarter begins in early July and ends in November. Winter/Spring Quarters begin in early February and end in late June. Full Year is either February through November (the Australian academic year) or early July through late June (the U.S. academic year). Students may choose either option.
- Read Credit Enrollment requirements for information about maintaining a full-time course load while abroad.
To apply, Northwestern students must:
- Complete an NU Study Abroad Application by the appropriate deadline
- Complete an Arcadia application by the program's deadline
- University Terraces: self-catered student apartments located on the main UNSW campus, with Arcadia students sharing a room or apartment with other international students
- On-campus residential colleges with Australian students (spots are limited, competitive, and include an additional cost)
- For more UNSW housing details, visit Arcadia's Housing Overview page.
Fall 2015: $31,060
Billed by Northwestern: $19,630
- Tuition: $17,070
- SAAF: $2,560
Estimated additional costs: $11,430
- Housing: $5,300
- Meals: $1,675
- Airfare: $1,900
- Local transportation: $400
- Books & supplies: $265
- Personal expenses: $1,355
- Visa: $535
Financial Aid & Scholarships