University of New South Wales
Sponsor: The College of Global Studies, Arcadia University
Location: Sydney, Australia
The University of New South Wales (UNSW) offers a large modern campus and has an excellent reputation in the fields of business, economics, and engineering. Located in the Kensington and Coogee Beach neighborhoods of Sydney, near countless shops, restaurants, and more than 15 miles of coastline with beautiful walking trails, UNSW still allows for quick and easy access to Sydney.
Program Type: Affiliated
- Full Year
Term Notes: This program follows the Australian academic calendar: Fall Quarter begins in early July and ends in November. Winter/Spring Quarters begin in early February and end in late June. Full Year is either February through November (the Australian academic year) or early July through late June (the U.S. academic year). Students may choose either option.
- NU students must enroll in a minimum of 15 semester credits per semester, which typically translates to 24 units at the UNSW.
To apply, Northwestern students must:
- Complete an NU Study Abroad Application by the appropriate deadline
- Complete an Arcadia application by the program's deadline
- University Terraces: self-catered student apartments located on the main UNSW campus, with Arcadia students sharing a room or apartment with other international students
- On-campus residential colleges with Australian students (spots are limited, competitve, and include an additional cost)
- For more information about UNSW's housing options, visit Arcadia's Housing Overview page.
Fall 2014: $31,090
Billed by Northwestern: $19,850
- Tuition: $17,350
- SAAF: $2,500
Estimated additional costs: $11,240
- Housing: $5,300
- Meals: $1,710
- Airfare: $1,695
- Local transportation: $430
- Books & supplies: $255
- Personal expenses: $1,370
- Visa: $480