The Victoria University of Wellington
Sponsor: The College of Global Studies, Arcadia University
Location: Wellington, New Zealand
The Victoria University of Wellington, or "The Vic", offers students an opportunity to study a wide variety of subjects in New Zealand's artistic, cultural and political capital of Wellington. Most students will take courses at the Kelburn campus, a picturesque campus perched on a hillside overlooking downtown Wellington, or either of Vic’s convenient downtown campuses. The Vic excels in the areas of film/theatre, political science, women's studies, creative writing and the earth sciences.
- Full Year
Term Notes: This program follows the New Zealand academic calendar: Fall Quarter program begins in early July and ends in November. Winter/Spring Quarters begin in early February and end in late June. Full Year is either February through November (the New Zealand academic year) or early July through late June (the U.S. academic year). Students may choose either option.
- Students must follow the credit enrollment requirements as outlined in the Credit Enrollment Chart.
To apply, Northwestern students must:
- Complete an NU Study Abroad Application by the appropriate deadline
- Complete an Arcadia application by the program's deadline
- Self-catered student apartments with other Kiwi, Arcadia, and international students.
- For an overview of The Vic's various student apartment options, visit Arcadia's Housing Information page.
Fall 2014: $26,975
Billed by Northwestern: $17,180
- Tuition: $14,680
- SAAF: $2,500
Estimated additional costs: $9,795
- Housing: $4,000
- Meals: $1,815
- Airfare: $2,000
- Local transportation: $315
- Books & supplies: $335
- Personal expenses: $1,185
- HTH: $145