Vienna European Society & Culture
Sponsor: IES Abroad
Location: Vienna, Austria
Offering both English- and German-taught courses, the IES Abroad Vienna European Society & Culture program is open to students at all language levels and allows you to combine German language study with courses in business, economics, politics, sociology, psychology as well as arts and humanities from an Austrian perspective. The program also offers an internship option, language partner exchange, and several field trips to locations in Austria and to other parts of Europe.
Program Type: Affiliated
- Full Year
- The IES Abroad Vienna course, CU/IB 210: The Business of Wine: From Vine to Glass, is not transferable to Northwestern because NU does not have a related undergraduate department. Read Taking Business and Law Courses Abroad for additional information.
- Read Credit Enrollment requirements for information about maintaining a full-time course load while abroad.
- Read Internships and Service Learning for specific information about earning credit for internships.
To apply, Northwestern students must:
- Complete an NU Study Abroad Application by the appropriate deadline
- Complete an IES Abroad application by the program's deadline
Languages: English, German
Language Requirements:None; however, students are required to take one German-language course or one course taught in German for each term enrolled on the program.
- Shared apartment, housing with Viennese residents, or private residence hall
- All housing options self-catered.
Fall 2015: $29,945
Billed by Northwestern: $17,715
- Tuition: $15,155
- SAAF: $2,560
Estimated additional costs: $12,230
- Housing & insurance: $4,870
- Meals: $3,285
- Airfare: $1,325
- Local transportation: $260
- Books & supplies: $265
- Personal expenses: $2,100
- Visa & fees: $125
Financial Aid & Scholarships