Paris: French Studies
Sponsor: IES Abroad
Location: Paris, France
The IES Abroad Paris French Studies program allows students to combine French-taught program courses with a variety of course options at one of the best known universities in the world: la Sorbonne. Classical music students also have the opportunity to audition for a spot at the prestigious Ecole Normale de Musique de Paris/Alfred Cortot. Credit-bearing internships in a variety of fields are also available.
Program Type: Affiliated
- Full Year
- Northwestern is affiliated with the French Studies track only.
- Read Credit Enrollment requirements for information about maintaining a full-time course load while abroad.
- Read Internships and Service Learning for specific information about earning credit at Northwestern for internships.
To apply, Northwestern students must:
- Complete an NU Study Abroad Application by the appropriate deadline.
- Complete an IES Abroad application by the program's deadline.
- Students auditioning for the Ecole Normale must submit additional application pieces to IES Abroad; see their website for details.
2 years or the equivalent of college-level French
Students choose from the following IES Abroad-arranged housing options:
- homestay with a local French family (10 meals/week)
- apartments (additional fee, no meals included)
Fall 2015: $28,450
Billed by Northwestern: $17,710
- Tuition: $15,150
- SAAF: $2,560
Estimated additional costs: $10,740
- Housing & insurance: $4,750
- Additional meals: $1,800
- Airfare: $1,300
- Local transportation: $400
- Books & supplies: $150
- Personal expenses: $2,100
- Visa & fees: $240
Financial Aid & Scholarships