Paris: French Studies
Sponsor: IES Abroad
Location: Paris, France
Description:The IES Abroad Paris French Studies program allows students to combine coursework at the IES Center with a variety of course options at one of the best known universities in the world: la Sorbonne. Classical music students also have the opportunity to audition for a spot at the prestigious Ecole Normale de Musique de Paris/Alfred Cortot.
- Full Year
- Full Year students must take one “regular” University course (taught in French for local university students) during Fall Quarter and two during Winter/Spring Quarters.
- Fall Quarter-only or Winter/Spring Quarters students must take one “regular” University course during their term abroad.
- Northwestern students attending the IES Paris program may only participate in the "French Studies" track.
To apply, Northwestern students must:
- Complete an NU Study Abroad Application by the appropriate deadline
- Complete an IES Abroad application by the program's deadline. Students auditioning for the Ecole Normale must submit additional application pieces to IES Abroad; see their website for details.
2 years or the equivalent of college-level French
Housing:Home stays required by Northwestern
Program Costs:Estimated costs, Fall 2012
(See the program site for the most updated cost information.)