Paris Field Study & Internship Program
Sponsor: Internships in Francophone Europe (IFE)
Location: Paris, France
Description:This small, intense program gives independent-minded students with strong French language skills the opportunity to complete a 12-week internship and independent research experience. The program has two phases: (1) 5 weeks of introductory courses on French political life and social issues, (2) a 12-week intensive internship coupled with an ongoing, weekly seminar course on France and the European Union, culminating in a lengthy research paper written in French.
- Read Internships and Service Learning for specific information about earning credit for internships.
To apply, Northwestern students must:
- Complete an NU Study Abroad Application by the appropriate deadline
- Complete an IFE application by the program's deadline
2 years or the equivalent of college-level French
Recommended: The Northwestern Department of French and Italian recommends that students take at least two to three 200-level French courses at Northwestern before beginning the program.
Housing:Apartments, foyers or home stays.
Fall 2013: approx. $21,900
Billed by Northwestern:
Estimated additional costs: $10,120
- Room & board: $5,500
- Airfare: $1,450
- Local transportation: $400
- Books & supplies: $180
- Personal expenses: $2,250
- Visa & fees: $200
- HTH: $140