Paris Field Study & Internship Program
Sponsor: Internships in Francophone Europe (IFE)
Location: Paris, France
This small, intense program gives independent-minded students with strong French language skills the opportunity to complete a 12-week internship and independent research experience, culminating in a lengthy field-based research paper written in French. The program has two phases: (1) 5 weeks of introductory courses on French political life and social issues, (2) a 12-week intensive internship. The internship phase is coupled with an ongoing, weekly seminar course on European-level identities, public opinion and democratization. Through individualized internship placements as well as a structured, individually-attentive academic program, the Paris Field Study & Internship program suits the academic needs and personal interests of students from a wide variety of disciplines.
Program Type: Affiliated
- Read Credit Enrollment requirements for information about maintaining a full-time course load while abroad.
- Read Internships and Service Learning for specific information about earning credit for internships.
To apply, Northwestern students must:
- Complete an NU Study Abroad Application by the appropriate deadline
- Complete an IFE application by the program's deadline
- 2 years or the equivalent of college-level French
- Highly recommend completion of at least two 200-level French courses at Northwestern prior to the program start.
- Foyers or family housing
- Meal plans vary based on housing option
- Read IFE's Housing Overview for more details about housing and meals
Fall 2015: approx. $22,550
Billed by Northwestern:
Estimated additional costs: $11,477
- Room & board: $6,100
- Airfare: $1,400
- Local transportation: $475
- Books & supplies: $100
- Personal expenses: $3,000
- Visa & fees: $250
- HTH: $152
*Note: Northwestern will send your tuition payment to IFE via wire transfer. The exact amount of tuition you are charged by NU will depend on the exchange rate when the wire transfer is processed. All other estimates above are in U.S. Dollars.
Financial Aid & Scholarships