Padua Italian Studies Program
Sponsor: Boston University
Location: Padua, Italy
Description:This small, academic program is ideal for students who have studied college-level Italian for one to two years and have a serious interest in immersing themselves in the language and culture. After completing a month-long intensive language course, students choose three Italian-taught electives from the BU Padua Academic Center's course offerings (which cover topics in Italian art, history, literature, music and film). Students with advanced Italian have the option of enrolling in one or two regular courses at the Università degli Studi di Padova.
- Full Year
- Students with advanced Italian language skills must take at least 1 “regular” University course taught in Italian for local university students.
- Full Year students with advanced language skills must also take 2 regular courses during the spring.
To apply, Northwestern students must:
- Complete an NU Study Abroad Application by the appropriate deadline
- Complete a BU application by the program's deadline
- 1 year or the equivalent of college-level Italian
- B average in Italian courses
Fall 2013: $35,150
Billed by Northwestern: $31,235
- Tuition: $21,985
- Program fee: $6,810
(includes room/board, group flight from New York, and other program costs)
- SAAF: $2,440
Estimated additional costs: $3,915
- Local transportation: $300
- Books & supplies: $250
- Personal expenses: $2,975
- Visa: $250
- HTH: $140