Montpellier Integrated Studies Program
Sponsor: University of Minnesota (UMN)
Location: Montpellier, France
Students on the Montpellier Integrated Studies program combine a variety of French-taught special courses (grammar, phonetics, writing, French art, history and culture) for U.S. students with integrated courses with French students at the Paul Valéry University (liberal arts/humanities) and University of Montpellier (sciences, business and engineering). Credit-bearing internships are available in a variety of fields and supplemental excursions introduce students to the beauty of southern France.
In addition, UMN offers an optional, 1-credit, online Global Identity course, which focuses on helping you process your international experiences, apply what you've learned upon your return to the U.S, and market your time abroad to future employers.
Program Type: Affiliated
- Full Year
- Northwestern is affiliated with the Integrated Studies track only.
- Northwestern does not accept credit in transfer for courses worth 1-semester credit (for example: UMN's Online Global Identity course). For additional information, read Choosing Courses to Take Abroad.
To apply, Northwestern students must:
- Complete a Northwestern Study Abroad Application by the appropriate deadline
- Complete an UMN application by the program's deadline
2 years or the equivalent of college-level French
Students choose from the following UMN-arranged housing options:
- homestay with a local French family,
- traditional French apartment,
- the Observatoire student residence, or
Fall 2016: $26,210
Billed by Northwestern: $21,060
- Tuition: $13,971
- Homestay & insurance: $4,469
- Study Abroad Fee: $2,620
Estimated additional costs: $5,150
- Additional meals: $1,500
- Airfare: $1,700
- Books & supplies: $250
- Personal expenses: $1,500
- Visa: $200
Financial Aid & Scholarships