Montpellier Integrated Studies Program
Sponsor: University of Minnesota (UMN)
Location: Montpellier, France
Description:Northwestern students on this program’s Integrated Studies track take a variety of special courses with American and international students at the Institute for Foreign Students as well as regular University of Montpellier courses with French students on the university's Paul Valéry (liberal arts) campus. Homestay living integrates students into everyday French culture while the program's supplemental excursions introduce students to the uniqueness of southern France. Students enrolled for Fall Quarter or the Full Year participate in a 3-week credit-bearing pre-session before regular classes begin. Internship placements are also available in a variety of fields.
- Full Year
- All students are required to enroll in the Integrated Studies track of this program (for advanced French students).
- NU does not accept credit in transfer for courses worth 1-semester credit. If you enroll in a 1-semester credit course, it must be in addition to the required 15 semester credits.
- Read Internships and Service Learning for specific information about earning credit at Northwestern for internships.
To apply, Northwestern students must:
- Complete an NU Study Abroad Application by the appropriate deadline
- Complete an UMN application by the program's deadline
- 2 years or the equivalent of college-level French
Housing:Northwestern students are required to live in homestays (arranged by UMN).
Fall 2014: $25,335
Billed by Northwestern: $20,040
- Tuition: $12,685
- Homestay (inc. 14 meals/week): $4,723
- UMN insurance: $132
- SAAF: $2,500
Estimated additional costs: $5,295
- Additional meals: $1,500
- Airfare: $1,700
- Books & supplies: $250
- Personal expenses: $1,500
- Visa: $200
- HTH: $145