Madrid Spanish Studies
Sponsor: BU Study Abroad
Location: Madrid, Spain
The Madrid Spanish Program offers language and cultural immersion in the lively and cosmopolitan capital of Spain. The programs are designed for students who already have a background in Spanish language, and all courses are taught in Spanish at the Instituto Internacional and/or the Universidad Autónoma de Madrid.
Program Type: Affiliated
- Full Year
Spanish majors and minors must discuss their study abroad plans with a departmental adviser.
To apply, Northwestern students must:
- Complete an NU Study Abroad Application by the appropriate deadline
- Complete a BU application by the program's deadline
Prerequisite language skills identify the student’s level in this program:
- Level I (Intensive Spanish Language Studies): 1 year (completion of Spanish 101-3 or 115-2) or the equivalent of college-level Spanish.
- Level II (Advanced Language Program): 2.5 years (completion of Spanish 199) or the equivalent of college-level Spanish.
- Level III (University Studies Program at UAM), Spring Semester only: 3 years or the equivalent of college-level Spanish.
Fall 2014: $34,668
Billed by Northwestern: $30,358
- Tuition: $22,843
- Program fee: $5,015
(includes room/board, group flight from New York, and other program costs)
- SAAF: $2,500
Estimated additional costs: $4,310
- Local transportation: $255
- Books & supplies: $350
- Personal expenses: $3,400
- Visa: $160
- HTH: $145