Sponsor: BU Study Abroad
Location: Madrid, Spain
Description:Madrid Internship Program students enhance their Spanish language skills by taking three courses and interning 15-20 hours a week. In the Madrid Internship Program, students with sufficient language skills are fully immersed in Spanish work culture through an internship in one of the following fields: arts and arts administration; business and economics; film, radio, and television; health and human services; hospitality and tourism; NGOs and international organizations; journalism; politics and international relations; and pre-law. Classes are taught in Spanish.
- Full Year
- Spanish majors and minors will need to discuss their study abroad plans with a departmental adviser.
- Read Internships and Service Learning for specific information about earning credit for internships.
To apply, Northwestern students must:
- Complete an NU Study Abroad Application by the appropriate deadline
- Complete a BU application by the program's deadline
Prerequisite language skills identify the student’s level in this program:
- Level II (Advanced Language Program): 2.5 years (completion of Spanish 199) or the equivalent of college-level Spanish.
- Level III (University Studies Program at UAM), Spring Semester only: 3 years or the equivalent of college-level Spanish.
Estimated costs, Fall 2012
(See the program site for the most updated cost information.)