London School of Economics & Political Science
Sponsor: London School of Economics & Political Science (LSE)
Location: London, England
LSE is one of the leading institutions for the study of social, political and economic sciences, attracting students from over 140 countries and is known for its cutting-edge research and extraordinary faculty. Students select a department of interest and choose courses from a list of more than 250 options.
Program Type: Affiliated
- Full Year
- LSE gives students two grades for each course: a course grade and an exam grade. Northwestern requires that you receive passing grades for both (C or above) to receive credit for your LSE courses.
- Although NU requires a minimum 2.5 GPA, LSE requires a 3.3. Quantitative departments (Economics, accounting, finance, math, and statistics) require a 3.5 or higher in related courses, including higher level calculus and linear algebra.
- Students must have completed at least two years of university level study by the time the program starts.
To apply, Northwestern students must:
- Complete an NU Study Abroad Application by the appropriate deadline
- Complete an LSE application by the program's deadline
Housing:Self-catered housing in LSE or University of London accommodations
Full Year 2015-2016: approx. $53,000
Billed by Northwestern:
Estimated additional costs: $20,422
- Housing: $10,200
- Meals: $3,600
- Airfare: $1,200
- Local transportation: $1,200
- Books & supplies: $600
- Personal expenses: $2,400
- Visa: $880
- HTH: $342
*Note: This is a direct enrollment program. Northwestern will send your tuition payment to LSE via wire transfer. The exact amount of tuition you are charged by NU will depend on the exchange rate when the wire transfer is processed. All other estimates above are in U.S. Dollars.
Financial Aid & Scholarships