French Field Studies Program
Sponsor: Northwestern University Office of International Program Development (IPD), in collaboration with Internships in Francophone Europe (IFE) & Sciences Po
Location: Paris, France
The French Field Study Program is a full-year program consisting of:
1) Fall Quarter at IFE's Paris Field Studies & Internship program, which offers an intensive internship/academic experience with individualized placement for work and research in a variety of fields including economics, political science, development studies, international relations, education, social policy, visual arts, theatre, and more.
2) Winter/Spring Quarters enroll directly in courses at Sciences Po, an elite, world-renowned institution that specializes in political science and also excels in history, economics, and international relations.A number of special arrangements, including academic advising and an orientation session, strengthen the connections between the Fall Quarter at IFE and Winter/Spring Quarters at Sciences Po, creating one cohesive program.
- Full Year
Read Internships and Service Learning for specific information about earning credit for internships.
To apply, Northwestern students must:
- Complete an NU Study Abroad Application by the appropriate deadline
- Complete an IFE application by the program's deadline
- Students must meet with Professor Margaret Dempster in the Department of French in order to assess their language skills prior to application. In addition, students must meet with Professor Michael Loriaux, academic adviser for the Sciences Po exchange program.
2 years+ or the equivalent of college-level French with the ability to do coursework in French.
Housing:Apartments, foyers or home stays.
Program Costs:Please refer to the IPD program page for cost information.