Conservatorium van Amsterdam
Sponsor: IES Abroad
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Description:This program allows Northwestern Music majors to directly enroll at the largest and most diverse conservatory in the Netherlands, where they have the opportunity to take classes in the departments of Classical and Jazz that vary from music performance, theory, and composition. Students who study at the Conservatorium van Amsterdam should be strong Performance, Composition, or Theory majors with the motivation and intention to become professional musicians, music scholars, or composers.
- Full Year
- This program is affiliated for Music majors only.
- Students must be of Junior or Senior standing when the program begins.
To apply, Northwestern students must:
- Complete an NU Study Abroad Application by the appropriate deadline
- Complete an IES Abroad application by the program's deadline
Languages: English, Dutch
Language Requirements:None; however, students are required to enroll in a Dutch language and culture course on the program.
Housing:Self-catered apartments with other IES Abroad and/or international students.
Fall 2013: $33,620
Billed by Northwestern: $21,585
- Tuition: $19,145
- SAAF: $2,440
Estimated additional costs: $12,035
- Housing: $4,275
- Meals: $3,000
- Airfare: $1,350
- Local transportation: $300
- Books & supplies: $150
- Personal expenses: $1,775
- Residence permit: $845
- IES insurance: $200
- HTH: $140