Bologna Consortial Studies Program
Sponsor: Indiana University
Location: Bologna, Italy
Description:The intensive academic nature of this program, combined with a program structure that encourages independence, makes it ideal for self-sufficient students who are looking to be immersed into Italian life and culture as much as possible. The program begins with a month-long intensive language pre-session to prepare you for courses at the University. Students generally take a combination of language and area studies courses taught in Italian by the Bologna Consortial Studies Program, just for program students, and regular University of Bologna courses.
- Full Year
- Be of Junior or Senior year standing at the start of the program
To apply, Northwestern students must:
- Fall/Full Year applicants must complete an NU Study Abroad Application by January 15, 2014. In addition, applicants must interview in Italian with Professor Tom Simpson from the Department of French and Italian before the January 15th deadline.
- Winter/Spring applicants must complete an NU Study Abroad Application and interview with Professor Tom Simpson by the June 1st deadline.
- Full Year and Fall Quarter students must have at least 2 years or the equivalent of college-level Italian
- Winter/Spring Quarters students must have 2.5 years or the equivalent of college-level Italian
- Students must have at least a B average GPA in all Italian courses
Housing:BCSP students find and rent their own housing in apartments in the city center, with assistance from the program office in Bologna. All students are strongly advised to share apartments with Italians.
Program Costs:Estimated costs, Fall 2012
(See the program site for the most updated cost information.)