Berlin: Language & Area Studies
Sponsor: IES Abroad
Location: Berlin, Germany
This program draws upon Berlin's rich culture and tradition to connect coursework subjects with the living history of the city, situated at the crossroads between eastern and western Europe. The program offers German-taught program courses, as well as access to classes at a number of Berlin universities, including the renowned Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin. Credit bearing internships in a variety of fields are also available.
Program Type: Affiliated
- Full Year
- Read Credit Enrollment requirements for information about maintaining a full-time course load while abroad.
- Read Internships and Service Learning for specific information about earning credit for internships.
To apply, Northwestern students must:
- Complete an NU Study Abroad Application by the appropriate deadline
- Complete an IES Abroad application by the program's deadline
- 2 years or the equivalent of college-level German
Self-catered single rooms with local hosts in apartments and homes.
Meals not included.
Fall 2016: $25,860
Billed by Northwestern: $16,370
- Tuition: $13,750
- Study Abroad Fee: $2,620
Estimated additional costs: $9,490
- Housing & insurance: $3,240
- Meals: $3,000
- Airfare: $1,200
- Local transportation: $100
- Books & supplies: $175
- Personal expenses: $1,700
- Residence permit: $75
Financial Aid & Scholarships