Sponsor: Yonsei University
Location: Seoul, South Korea
Through Yonsei's Office of International Affairs, students in this direct enrollment "visiting student" program have access to over 300 undergraduate courses taught in English per term as well as Korean language classes through the university's Korean Language Institute. Students with advanced Korean skills are eligible to take regular Yonsei courses taught in Korean in other departments. Students must have completed one year of university studies before applying (the Northwestern transcript must reflect three quarters worth of courses/grades).
Program Type: Affiliated
- Full Year
To apply, Northwestern students must:
- Complete a Northwestern Study Abroad Application by the appropriate deadline
- Email the Northwestern Study Abroad Office (email@example.com) and request to be nominated through the Yonsei Visiting Student Program (Institution / University); do not apply as an Individual
- Complete a Yonsei application by the program's deadline after being nominated by Northwestern
Languages: Korean, English
Housing:Students may apply to live in one of the university's international dorms with other international students; meals self-catered.
Fall 2016: approx. $15,500
Billed by Northwestern:
Estimated additional costs: $7,797
- Housing: $1,600
- Meals: $1,800
- Airfare: $1,230
- Local transportation: $345
- Books & supplies: $345
- Personal expenses: $2,200
- Visa: $117
- GeoBlue: $160
*Note: This is a direct enrollment program. Northwestern will send your tuition payment to Yonsei via wire transfer. The exact amount of tuition you are charged by Northwestern will depend on the exchange rate when the wire transfer is processed. All other estimates above are in U.S. Dollars.
Financial Aid & Scholarships