Energy Technology & Policy: Wanxiang Fellows Program
Sponsor: Northwestern University Office of International Program Development (IPD), in partnership with Wanxiang Corporation, Hangzhou Wanxiang Polytechnic, and Peking University
Location: Hangzhou , China; Beijing, China
This summer fellowship program, sponsored by the Wanxiang Group, IPD, and ISEN, allows students to study renewable energy in the United States and China while gaining exposure to Chinese langauge and culture.
- On-campus lectures and a visit to Wanxiang America Corporation's solar panel manufacturing facility during Spring Quarter provide students with a foundation for understanding energy and sustainability within a comparative context.
- Wanxiang Fellows begin their summer abroad experience with four weeks of courses at Peking University in Beijing and program excursions to historic sites.
- Students then participate in a two-week intensive program at Hangzhou Wanxiang Polytechnic, where they explore issues of energy technology and application through lectures by Wanxiang researchers and practitioners, as well as site visits.
- Students develop group projects on energy and sustainability topics of their choice and present these upon return to Northwestern in Fall quarter.
Program Type: Northwestern-Sponsored
Languages: English, Chinese
Language Requirements:None; however, students take intensive language classes in Chinese during the program.
- Beijing: Double-occupancy, air-conditioned rooms in an international dormitory on the Peking University campus
- Hangzhou: Double-occupancy rooms at a hotel near Hangzhou Wanxiang Polytechnic campus
Program Costs:Visit the IPD program page for cost information.