Universidad San Francisco de Quito
Sponsor: IES Abroad
Location: Quito, Ecuador
This program stresses Spanish immersion. Students take a full course load at the Universidad San Francisco de Quito (USFQ) and have internship and service learning placement opportunities. A modern institution of higher learning, USFQ is one of Ecuador's most prestigious universities and offers a full range of programs and courses, all taught in Spanish.
Program Type: Affiliated
- Full Year
- Spanish majors and minors must discuss their study abroad plans with a departmental adviser.
- Read Internships and Service Learning for important information about earning credit.
- Read Credit Enrollment requirements for information about maintaining a full-time course load while abroad.
To apply, Northwestern students must:
- Complete an NU Study Abroad Application by the appropriate deadline
- Complete an IES application by the program's deadline
Language Requirements:3 years or the equivalent of college-level Spanish.
Housing:Homestays (21 meals/week)
Fall 2015: $24,105
Billed by Northwestern: $16,615
- Tuition: $14,055
- SAAF: $2,560
Estimated additional costs: $7,490
- Room/board & insurance: $3,655
- Airfare: $1,000
- Local transportation: $390
- Books & supplies: $260
- Personal expenses: $1,800
- Visa & registration: $265
- USFQ insurance: $120
Financial Aid & Scholarships