School in Latin America: Uruguay
Sponsor: C.V. Starr-Middlebury Schools Abroad
Location: Montevideo, Uruguay
Students enroll directly in the Universidad Católica del Uruguay, the Universidad de la República, or the Universidad ORT for complete immersion in the language and culture. Highlights of the program are courses taught in Spanish, internship opportunities in many fields and housing with local families.
Program Type: Affiliated
- Full Year
Term Notes: This program follows the Uruguayan academic calendar: Fall Quarter begins in late July and ends in early December. Winter/Spring Quarters begin in late February and end in late July.
- Spanish majors or minors must discuss their study abroad plans with a departmental adviser.
- Read Internships and Service Learning for important information about earning credit for internships.
- Read Credit Enrollment requirements for information about maintaining a full-time course load while abroad.
To apply, Northwestern students must:
- Complete an NU Study Abroad Application by the appropriate deadline
- Complete a C.V. Starr - Middlebury application by the program's deadline
Language Requirements:2 years or the equivalent of college-level Spanish, plus one content course taught in Spanish.
Fall 2015: $24,170
Billed by Northwestern: $15,210
- Tuition: $12,650
- SAAF: $2,560
Estimated additional costs: $8,960
- Room & board: $5,500
- Airfare: $2,000
- Books & supplies: $130
- Personal expenses: $1,250
- Visa: $80
Financial Aid & Scholarships